Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Malibu's Most Wanted

Author Topic: Malibu's Most Wanted
David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 04-20-2003 05:18 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
04/20/2003, Cinemark 17, Springfield OR, 12:05PM, #4,  - . Attendance: EXACTLY 1 (first time that's happened to me in a LONG time). This continues a streak of very good presentation quality at this theatre, including sound, which I've always whined about there, especially that Dolby Digital seems to have no bass. Not an issue with this film at all. However, it seemed like for the first couple reels, the left-screen and left-surround channels were reversed. Then the rest of the movie was fine. What the heck is up with that?

It was OK. It does have some funny stuff in it (maybe not enough though). The story (such as it is) is a framework for Jamie Kennedy to do his B-Rad routine, and it mostly works. This certainly isn't something you need to see in a theatre, but it might be worth checking out on video later.

Someone mentioned they noticed a lot of what could be negative dirt (white specks). I noticed a little of that in a couple places but not an excessive amount.

|  IP: Logged

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 04-20-2003 07:07 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A waste of film...and its too bad because I like Jamie Kennedy. [Frown]

I didn't notice any white "dirt like" specks.

Don Bruechert
Mmmmmmmmm, bird!

- posted 04-24-2003 12:15 PM      Profile for Don Bruechert   Author's Homepage   Email Don Bruechert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I too thought this film sucked. Maybe the kids'll like it, but based on attendance numbers they're not even wasting their time.

This movie will have to go down as one that blows away Scott Norwood's theory of letting Rachel in the booth, because not only did she build up this film flawlessly, she also laced it up and ran it so we could screen it, and no unforseen events were had! It's probably a good thing this movie sucked so bad, as there was nothing (not even an audience) to distract me from the company I brought along to see it! I guess I'll have to give her the job [Big Grin]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: