Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Bulletproof Monk

Author Topic: Bulletproof Monk
Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-16-2003 03:15 AM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well this is easily the front runner for worst movie of the year. I cannot believe that I wasted 2 hours of my life for this. You have bad Kung-Fu, bad acting. bad dialogue, and some of the worst CG effects that I have ever seen (were talking the Die Another Day surfboard scene bad). It is sad if Chow Yun-Fat's career becomes regulated to bad martial arts movies especially if you have seen some of his eariler work like The Killer.

It seems like someone somewhere said "You know what would be cool? If we take martial arts, magic and Nazis and mix them all together, that would make a great movie. Hell who needs a cohesive script anyway?"

Well they were wrong. You know what is really starting to bother me is this tend in these type of movies where just about any character can do impossible jumps and flips and feats of strengths. That was one of my major pet peeves in Dare Devil and it is just as bad here. I could go on but I will leave the rest of you to add anything else.

Nazis... How stupid, can't movies not come up with any other type of villain?

|  IP: Logged

Jacob Huber
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-18-2003 01:40 AM      Profile for Jacob Huber   Email Jacob Huber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't call it the worst movie of the year, but it's definitely not the best. It tries to be something that it's not, namely, a good movie. The kung-fu feels like a nock-off of Crouching Tiger or The Matrix, the acting isn't very solid, and I wasn't feeling the whole "Nazi spending his entire life trying to take over the world while at the same time become immortal" bit. They left it open for a sequel, which might be a bit more enjoyable if they make it (which I highly doubt), but this one just didn't do it for me.

5/10

Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-18-2003 10:16 AM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I said worst movie of the year so far (it's only been 4 months) but I have no doubts that there will be many movies that will be challenging this one for that prestigious honor. LXG look like a sure fire loser. [thumbsdown]

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-27-2003 03:47 PM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why do people seem to hate this film?

It's no worse than 'The Tuxedo' or 'Shanghai Knights'.

I thought it was pretty cool.

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-29-2003 10:25 AM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I noticed that Sean William Scott can sure lace up a projector fast!

Jason Whyte
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-29-2003 11:50 PM      Profile for Jason Whyte   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Whyte   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I noticed that Sean William Scott can sure lace up a projector fast!
Yeah in about two seconds, along throwing an empty reel onto the floor, and simply flicking on a switch without looking at the screen. I'd like to take this as a slight jab at today's teenage "whatever" projectionists, but I'm sure it's not what the filmmakers were getting at. [Smile]

Jason

Patrick McDonough
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-01-2003 07:52 AM      Profile for Patrick McDonough   Email Patrick McDonough   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
one handed even.

Jacob Huber
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-01-2003 08:48 PM      Profile for Jacob Huber   Email Jacob Huber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've tried once to do it one handed, didn't work out too well. Also, what kind of projectionist leaves the theatre between 2,000s?

Pravin Ratnam
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-08-2003 05:09 AM      Profile for Pravin Ratnam   Email Pravin Ratnam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Man, I like the actors inthe movie and they are not to blame for his piece of crap. Too bad the direction was terrible . Not only that, but the FX and action scenes were laughable. The choppy editing of the fight scenes makes the poor action sequences even harder on the eyes. A really bad movie even if it is kind of watchable.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: