Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Anger Management

Author Topic: Anger Management
Jacob Huber
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-10-2003 07:53 PM      Profile for Jacob Huber   Email Jacob Huber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not as good as most of Sandler's films, more on par with The Wedding Singer than anything else. The film was pretty funny, but not laugh out loud funny, like one would expect from a Sandler film. Nicholson did a great job with his role, and seeing Woody Harrelson in his cameo role was hilarious. There was just something about this film that felt kind of bland, certainly not good enough to warrant the 4 prints that we have.

5.7/10

|  IP: Logged

Don Bruechert
Mmmmmmmmm, bird!

- posted 04-12-2003 03:11 AM      Profile for Don Bruechert   Author's Homepage   Email Don Bruechert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, I wasn't impressed. I ran it with 6 other staffers and while I did find a few laughs out of it, I found myself wishing it was over sooner, and as we were walking out the overall consensus among us was that it wasn't that good - but it did have a few moments. I kept waiting for Nicholson to be gay!

[ 04-14-2003, 12:50 AM: Message edited by: Don Bruechert ]

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-15-2003 10:22 AM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The first Dukes of Hazzard episode aired January 26, 1979. The opening scene was supposed to have occurred in 1978. There's a Dukes of Hazzard shirt! Aarrghh! If you're going to make a movie and have a scene set in a year in the past, do the research and get it right!

I enjoyed this movie a bit more than I thought I would. The reviews I'd read hadn't been very good. It's a mid-grade comedy. Without Jack Nicholson, it wouldn't have even been that.

Scope film, filmed in Panavision (with anamorphic lens).

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 04-16-2003 11:32 AM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haven't seen it. May not see it. I was baffled when I saw the local 17-plex had booked 3 prints of it, and am further baffled by its $42M opening weekend gross. Adam Sandler and Jack Nicholson together sounds like a pure marketing gimmick. The reviews are not very good. Bah.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: