Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Dark Blue

Author Topic: Dark Blue
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-21-2003 06:27 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh hell yeah! If you are dying to see a movie that has been done a million times before, has sections of painfully bad acting and is overly boring, THIS IS YOUR MOVIE!

[thumbsdown]

|  IP: Logged

Ron Lacheur
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-21-2003 09:36 PM      Profile for Ron Lacheur   Email Ron Lacheur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
any corny one-liners?

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-21-2003 10:08 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Not that I remember. They were concentrating too much on making the movie boring and lifeless to mess with that sort of thing.

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 02-23-2003 04:45 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
02/23/2003, Regal Cinema World 8, Eugene OR, 11:50AM, #8,  - . Attendance about 10. All rolling stock & trailers were in distorted analog sound with dialog shifting between screen channels. Several digital sound dropouts at reel change splices and a lab splice. Otherwise pretty OK.

At about the halfway point, I was convinced this was a piece of [bs] . But the plot (which is tied in with the Rodney King verdict in LA and subsequent riots) had some twists in it and it ended up holding my interest. If you pick out a random few minutes of this to watch, you're not going to be favorably impressed, because of some lame acting and dialog, not to mention all the cliches about bad cops. But taken as a whole the story made the movie kind of OK. But I don't really recommend it. Will be gone from theatres very quickly...

[ 02-24-2003, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: David Stambaugh ]

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-23-2003 06:18 PM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I havent seen this movie and I probably won't, but there was one line in the trailer that i got a good laugh at.

"This was my Daddy's gun. And the only reason this city exists is because it was built on bullets!"

Pravin Ratnam
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-24-2003 04:41 AM      Profile for Pravin Ratnam   Email Pravin Ratnam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked the movie better than you guys. The movie is not going to do well , true. But the people in the theater seemed to like it. But it was not a well fleshed out script. the ving rhames character development is patronizing to blacks. And Lolita Davidovich looks like a monkey in this movie. I didn't even recognize her. The movie just seemed a bit too simplistic towards the end. If anything, I felt this movie went too easy on the LAPD. Someone like Ving Rhames in real life would have sold out the kurt russell character inreal life at the end.

But Kurt Russel was very good in this movie. One of the best performances in recent months. Its amazing he doesnt get better movies to do.

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 02-24-2003 11:19 AM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I should clarify that the "bad acting" I referred to was probably more related to badly-written dialog. Also that Kurt Russell, who is one of my favorite actors, gives a great performance in this film. Like Pravin, I don't know why he doesn't get more good roles to play. [Confused]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: