Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » National Security

Author Topic: National Security
Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-19-2003 04:07 PM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reading Cinemas, Manville NJ, 1/18, 4:50 PM late matinee. Hall #3, attendance approx. 40.

What happens when you give Police Academy a little Blue Streak? You get National Security -- 90 minutes of pure pleasure.

Martin Lawrence and Steve Zahn should have been put in charge of "Homeland Security". That way no terrorists would ever have gotten into the USA.

Let the snobs fawn all over Chicago. THIS is what a movie ought to be!

Hall #3 is the largest hall in Manville: ground section flat, middle section stadium, rear section stadium. From my place in the rear I could notice the image was out of focus on the left and sharp on the right. Sound (Dolby Digital) tended to lack clarity when a song came up against clatter.

|  IP: Logged

John Carpenter
Film Handler

- posted 01-19-2003 06:54 PM      Profile for John Carpenter   Email John Carpenter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sure didn't do very well for us in the box office this weekend - and it was targeting an audience that normally packs us (college age)... as for me I think the best parts were in the trailer.

Paul Linfesty
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-19-2003 08:32 PM      Profile for Paul Linfesty   Email Paul Linfesty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Let the snobs fawn all over Chicago. THIS is what a movie ought to be!
LOL, Charles! Leave it to you to sneak in ANOTHER jab at Chicago (a movie you have YET to admit seeing)in a review of a totally unrelated movie, although I guess since its MIRAMAX, it MUST be bad, right? Come on, Charles, admit it. Did you apply for a job there and get rejected? [Smile]

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 01-19-2003 08:49 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
National Security didn't really appeal to me either. I think it's more targeted towards high school aged kids (or college students that should be in high school).

[ 01-19-2003, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: Daryl C. W. O'Shea ]

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 01-19-2003 09:03 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Charles, why not just tell us the reason(s) why you despise Miramax? [Wink] I mean, you have to admit you seem to be more than a little obsessed with bashing the company. We're all friends here -- you can talk to us. [Big Grin]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 01-19-2003 09:13 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Feel free to start a new thread in Yak on the reasons to dislike Miramax if anyone likes, but let's please keep this to movie reviews only. [Smile]

Pravin Ratnam
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-19-2003 09:30 PM      Profile for Pravin Ratnam   Email Pravin Ratnam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well i put a serious jab at chicago in my review. Renee Zelwgger was merely competent in the movie. Not a single song was classic the way they were sung in this movie. All That Jazz comes close to a classic showcase tune but Zeta Jones's version while good is not great enough to compensate having to endure the warbling by Renee and Gere in the other tunes. We are talking 3 above average songs in an entire movie filled with song after song. While I dont doubt there are people who genuinely like it, I can't believe the enormous praise the movie has been getting.

I have not seen National Security. But Martin Lawrence would not be able to get away with the flimsiness in script and silly posing masquerading as acting we saw in chicago. Latifah is getting all this praise now and i felt that this was not as good as her Set It Off performance. Reilly was better in Magnolia and his many other movies. Golden Globes is making this movie as some sort of classic.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 01-19-2003 09:46 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"let's please keep this to movie reviews only"
Ahem, this thread is to discuss National Security, NOT Chicago. All further comments about any movie other than National Security on this thread will be deleted.

There is already a thread on Chicago. Reviews belong there.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: