Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Stuart Little 2

Author Topic: Stuart Little 2
Peter Berrett
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-27-2002 01:10 AM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Attendance: Saturday Oct 26 2002 7PM Earlybird session, Dandenong Lunar Drive-in Theatre Screen 1 Third Row, just a little bit to the left of the projection room in front of the T&T gate.

Note to owners of Dandenong Drive-in: Left channel sound on Screen 1 fm transmitter is still waaaaaaay down. Please repair (one can compensate with the balance control) . Fortunately no annoying scratches on soundtrack this time.

Onto the film.

I didn't like Stuart Little 1 much so it was with some apprehension that I drove to see this film. Fortunately I found this sequel a bit better than the original film.

The plot is basic but works. The graphic special effects meld well with the real life action and the film looks a bit more polished and well acted than the original although I still find Geena Davis a bit too cheesey for comfort.

But my opinion really means nothing. I'm sure the kids will love this and the film is well enough put together that they won't get bored.

My verdict 70%. Just ok.

cheers Peter

ps I loved the line given by Falcon "A mouse has to know his limitations" referring of course to Inspector Harry's famous line in Magnum Force. I must admit that one finds such homages in the strangest of films. The line of course would mean nothing to children but to Dirty Harry fans the reference is obvious.

|  IP: Logged

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 12-31-2002 02:24 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I loved James Woods as the Falcon. Good casting there.

The film is solid, just as the first one is. As far as kid fare goes, this film does deliver, without bieng too trendy or trying to sell too many action figures.

I liked this film, although I too met it with intrepidation.

Dave

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: