Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » The Transporter

Author Topic: The Transporter
Mike Schindler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-11-2002 03:08 AM      Profile for Mike Schindler   Email Mike Schindler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This picture is everything it's supposed to be. It's extemely well made and kicks a lot of ass. It's sad that expensive shit like XXX makes so much money when a little movie like this, which is actually good, will probably come and go without anyone noticing.

It's also worth noting how outstanding the quality of the image is in this film. It appears to have been shot in Super 35, but there is virtually no visible grain throughout most of the movie.

|  IP: Logged

Ron Lacheur
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-11-2002 11:25 AM      Profile for Ron Lacheur   Email Ron Lacheur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I found this movie to be very predictable. There are some really corny scenes as well. The action sequences were pretty good and made up for the corny parts.

Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-11-2002 11:48 AM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Triple X was a better movie than this and if you read my review of that stinker that is saying a lot. This movie seems like a project that Jackie Chan turned down. The whole movie plays like a bad Jackie Chan movie (I am a big fan of his but not all of his movies have been great {The Protector}). It was very perdictable, the dialogue was bad, the acting, however, was ok as it fit the tone of the movie (a Hong Kong action comedy set in Europe with European actors for the most part) and there was a ton of continuity errors (check out the various sizes of the pieces of duct tape on the girls mouth).

Will Morrow
Film Handler

- posted 10-11-2002 01:41 PM      Profile for Will Morrow   Author's Homepage   Email Will Morrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree that this movie sucked buttermilk. Who am I agreeing with that said that? I don't know, but it was bad. I too slapped my head in utter disbelief. Here is what I liked...The lead actor, he did just fine, was believable and very cool behind the wheel of that Beemer. The first car chase scene. It was sweet, you have to see it to believe it. A couple of the fight scenes. One in specific was the "Oil" one. I found that to be very exciting and somewhat creative, as I have never seen that before. Here's what I didn't like...All the other actors. The lead female was HORRIBLE! She shreiks like a dying animial through the whole damn movie. It was very annoying. The bad guys sucked, the father of the girl sucked, they were all bad. And finally, the ending was lame. I was waiting for myself to come onto the screen and offer my 2cents about what had just transpired, I mean, why not everyone else did.

Overall, I want to see him driving fast cars and beating people up again. Maybe he could be Vin's nemesis in F and the F 2?

1 out of 5 stars. The one star being that "Jason" guy.

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 10-13-2002 01:17 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats Jason Statham who made his debut in Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. He makes many a dull production better to watch. He was one of the only reasons to watch Ghosts of Mars.

My wonder is why Luc Besson is no longer directing? His incredible films Nikita, Leon, and Messenger, and also Fifth Element, are all great movies.

He is writing and producing for the most part. In fact he is listed as producing 11 movies in 2003. Just because he is listed as a producer, means nothing. I am betting he spent little to no time on set for this film.

Dave

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: