Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Little Secrets

Author Topic: Little Secrets
John Lasher
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-03-2002 11:49 PM      Profile for John Lasher   Author's Homepage   Email John Lasher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AMC Neshaminy 24
Picture: **1/2 (out of 4)
Sound: SDDS ****

The plot is recycled. Girl has friends, girl makes friends mad but it all wraps up nicely at the end (yay). The classical music gave this reincarnation of it a nice touch though.
The direction... i think Blair has done an excellent job working with okay material.
The performances were spot on 70% of the time, the other 30% just seemed... cardboard.
The cinematography was excellent, I wouldn't chnage a thing.
The fast motion thing at the beginning didn't seem to fit with this movie and seemed done only for the purpose of shortening the film by a few minutes.
!!!SPOILERS AHEAD!!!
It would be an absolute miracle for the girl to fall from that height, flip over upside down and get away with a scratch on her head. They also could have set that up more subtly.

The thing that made this screening truly enjoyable is the fact that I saw it with the most wonderful person in my life. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

** (out of 4)

|  IP: Logged

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 09-04-2002 02:33 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The plot is recycled? WOW! That's amazing. To think that this movie isn't original. DAMN!!!

Just ribbin ya. Most movies are recycled to a point, some farther, some better, etc. I liked that fact that you reviewed the movie beyond just the recycled plot though.

I will have to wait for HBO on this one. Although I have associates who are in this film, it just has no real draw for me. Nobody getting hacked to death or space ships? What kind of a movie is that?

I will take your word that it is only worth about two stars. Seems like it.

Dave

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: