Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Fear Dot Com

Author Topic: Fear Dot Com
David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 08-30-2002 08:04 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
08/30/2002, Regal Cinema World 8, Eugene OR, #5, 2:40PM, probably SR-D. Very good presentation. Saw the new Regal Entertainment Group roller-coaster trailer for the first time. They've REALLY punched up the sound on it. Big improvement over the sound on the previous roller coaster. The biggest difference is they really push the .1 LFE channel hard now. If you see this in digital sound and don't hear any powerful, deep bass, something isn't right.

Attendance about 40, but only 3 or 4 "general public". The rest of the audience consisted of players & other people from the Mississippi State Football Team. They're in Eugene to play the Ducks on 8/31, and the team is staying at the Valley River Inn, which is right down the street from this theater (also probably the nicest hotel in Eugene). Thus, this screening was not with a typical audience. There was, shall we say, a strong audience participation thing going. Commentary, wisecracking, titty jokes during the nude scenes. Now as it turns out, this made the movie more enjoyable for me.

The movie? Roger Ebert nailed it: The visuals are interesting, but the narrative & dialog are pretty lame. This might be worth seeing just for the visuals and the concept, but the execution is all over the map. There's a sequence near the end where the image goes completely sepia in color, with deliberate scratches and other worn-out film characteristics. Kind of like an old silent movie.

|  IP: Logged

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 08-30-2002 10:52 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All I really have to say is that this movie was a piece of

How about the hard nipples poking thru the leather strap.

Mike Schindler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-31-2002 02:01 AM      Profile for Mike Schindler   Email Mike Schindler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This movie blew dead diseased goats. Why would anyone make something so horrible? It wasn't scary. It wasn't cool. It didn't have anything to say. I thought it looked like shit. It was so mean-spirited. The only way it could have been worse was if it were longer.

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 08-31-2002 11:37 AM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I forgot to mention, most of the Mississippi State Bulldogs booed when it was over. When the first credit came up "Directed By" whatever his name is (William Mallone?), someone yelled at the screen "Yo, William oughtta be SHOT for this piece of !!"

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 09-07-2002 01:03 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, we know how they saved on the budget for this thing.....NO LIGHTBULBS!!!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: