Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » An old indie Walkabout 71'

Author Topic: An old indie Walkabout 71'
Matthew Sonnenshein
Film Handler

- posted 08-21-2002 12:03 AM      Profile for Matthew Sonnenshein   Email Matthew Sonnenshein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am of the opinion that movies that are older and more obscure should be reviewed in frequency just as the more recent Hollywood releases. Personally, I have a geniune love of indepedent film. Its not that I'm an elitist and dislike studio films (I don't), its just I believe that independent film represent more artistic and financial risk. In my opinion the best indie films are better than studio flicks and the worse indie films tend to be alot worse than studio flicks. There are of course exceptions but in the large scheme of things I believe this to be true.

So in that spirit, I am reviewing one of my favorite films. Walkabout's cinematography is one of the most appealing movies ever filmed in the outdoors. Set in the outback of Australia it follows two abandoned children (a young boy and an adolescent girl) and their befriending of an aborigine during his walkabout (the aborigine rite of manhood). The aborigine helps them survive in the harsh unforgiving Australia outback.
The movie is multi-dimensional and looks into the relationships and understandings (or lack there of) between the colonists decendents and aborigines. Inside these bigger questions are the sexual awakenings and inate barriors between the characters.
It remains to me a heart-stopping film. To bad I have never gotten to see those beautiful mezmerising landscapes in the theatres.
See this film if you ever get the opportunity.

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 08-21-2002 02:14 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Please do not do that. Unless the title of this film is "An old indie Walkabout 71", please follow the examples set forth and put all extra info inside the body of your review.

Matthew Sonnenshein
Film Handler

- posted 08-21-2002 04:59 PM      Profile for Matthew Sonnenshein   Email Matthew Sonnenshein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SORRY!!....... I forgot. It won't happen again.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: