Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » The salton sea

Author Topic: The salton sea
Brad Haven
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-13-2002 06:31 AM      Profile for Brad Haven   Email Brad Haven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This film stars val kilmer and was directed by someone who should find another occupation!.
I saw this at a test screening this morning, of the surveys done about 95% enjoyed/liked the film and only a few of us hated it, i was told that most were punters off the street(invited).
I could not find much of a point in this film being made?. The comedy scenes in this film seemed very much out of place as i would describe this film as a dark drama!. Val kilmer seemed out of place as a drug user/dealer and all the scenes with drug use used all the drug cliches available. I was ready to walk out after 10 minutes but i hung on in hope of improvement , which didn't arrive!.
The film was presented in a ratio of approx 1:66:1(on screen) , i asked the projectionist and he said it was screened as 1:85:1(lens) with a 1:75:1 aperture???.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: