Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Thirteen Conversations About One Thing

Author Topic: Thirteen Conversations About One Thing
Jerry Chase
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-17-2002 10:20 PM      Profile for Jerry Chase   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked this film. The previews started out of frame, there was dirt on the ad/preview reel, improper masking, the poorly sized lens cut off too much of the bottom part of the image, the top of the set was visible in one scene, the auditorium was too cold, but I liked the film.

The title comes close to describing the film. The same block of time and events are examined from at least four different perspectives.
The interweaving of short stories and different people was undoubtedly inspired by such great films as "Trois Colours, Rouge" and there were inevitable continuity slips dealing with time, but it held up quite well.

Arkin is fantastic in his role. Previously, I've always thought he overacted, but this was an exquisite performance. Even Amy Irving did an excellent job of acting. Hope for more good films like this from screenwriter/director Jill Sprecher and sister Karen.

This is a film that I want to see again. A word of warning, if you can't multi-task story threads and context, you might get hopelessly lost seeing this film the first time. In a way, it doesn't matter since the real meat is in the character studies of the individuals.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: