Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » The Rookie 2002

Author Topic: The Rookie 2002
Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-31-2002 09:46 AM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Great film. Goes right up there with "The Natural". I saw it at the Regal Colonnade 14 in Las Vegas. Beautiful theatre - great presentation. Only thing I noticed was - whatever format the movie was playing in - the trailers were not in the same format and I heard a lot of dropping out during the trailers. Once the movie started - it was flawless. This film has already etched a spot in my top 20 of all time.

------------------
"Running through life at 24 frames per second"

|  IP: Logged

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 04-10-2002 06:56 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
04/10/2002, Cinemark 17, Springfield OR, 12:50PM, #8, scope (44' screen), DTS. The presentation was excellent: bright, sharp, and steady image; sound quality very good, even had some detectable .1 LFE. I haven't looked it up yet, but based on the outstanding scope image quality, I'd guess this was photographed anamorphically. Doesn't look like typical Super-35.

What can I say except I loved this movie. I can't think of anyone who would have done better in the lead than Dennis Quaid. I have no idea how much they embellished the story of the real Jim Morris, but it doesn't matter because the essense of his living-the-dream experience is something everyone can identify with, no embellishment required. A very entertaining and well-made movie, good for all ages and family-friendly. Don't dismiss it just because it's rated G.

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 10-03-2006 02:07 AM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 1636 days since the last post.

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-03-2006 02:07 AM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
10-2-2006 Chris Hipp's house, 1 person in attendance, 14" screen, Sound: dolby digital center channel only.

I liked it. Very formulaic, but it has a good story. I liked the relationship between Morris and his son. It has some good one liners as well.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: