Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Resident Evil

Author Topic: Resident Evil
David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 03-23-2002 07:34 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
03/23/2002, Regal Cinema World 8, Eugene OR, #1, 2:40PM, flat, digital sound. Print is quite dirty (black specks) and there were a couple intermittent scratches in the upper-left quadrant of the image. Otherwise bright and sharp. Attendance about 15.

A very bad zombie movie. The CGI work is mostly lousy -- some of the CGI-intense scenes look very poor. I will say the zombie dogs were nicely done though. They were the high point. Audience kept squirming and laughing at the wrong parts. I started dozing off.

See Blade II if you're in the mood for this kind of movie.

|  IP: Logged

Don Anderson
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-26-2002 01:32 AM      Profile for Don Anderson   Email Don Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked the film. Bad CGI and all. It kept me on the edge of the seat. I don't like the fact that all these movie reviewers say its a ripoff of Dawn of the Dead. Hollywood hasn't come up with an original idea in years.
Now, if only George Romero could make another great zombie film! His last film Bruiser sucked. Gee, he hasn't made a good film since the early 80s.

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-13-2002 06:25 AM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Presentation good allthough whoever built the film decided to leave the head of R1 attached.

Something like this:

Everything as normal adds/trailers finishing with the cinema chain trailer that runs usually before a dolby snipe and then the film.

Cinema chain trailer finished
About 15 seconds of black
About 5 seconds from the middle of an old dirty 'Ice Age' trailer
Then about 20 seconds of clear film.
Then the header runs through. Countdown from 11 top 3 and then the film starts. At some point while the header goes through the house lights come back up (not full but adverts level) Lights go back down about 10 minutes into the film.

-----------------------------
Didn't like the film. It was too scary and too intense for me. I new i was hating the film after the first scene was over. (A very good piece of horror with no blood etc) But then we get a few gore set pieces and a confusing plot. Not a lot else.

Mike Schindler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-13-2002 10:06 AM      Profile for Mike Schindler   Email Mike Schindler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any problems which this film may have had can be forgiven because of the last shot of the film, which is cool as hell.

Michael Barry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-14-2002 12:46 AM      Profile for Michael Barry   Email Michael Barry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Re: the last shot of the film. Exactly! Except I was a sucker for the rest of the film too.

Question: How often does it happen these days that the filmmakers have the CONVICTION to actually FINISH a movie slam-bang like that? Seems to me that most movies have 'soft' endings that are portentious as hell and need to be wrapped up in 10 minute epilogues. How about 'uncertain' endings? This film had both, which makes it braver than a lot of other movies in my books. 'Jeepers Creepers' did this too.

This film has 'Midnight Late Show' written all over it. Of course, if they still held late movies here, that would mean something...

And finally, can we say KICK-ASS SOUND MIX?

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-15-2002 04:29 AM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah v good Sound mix.

The next film Resident Evil 2: Nemesis is listed on IMDB
Continues from the ending of This film

here.. warning the plot discription will spoil you about the first film

Patrick McDonough
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-15-2002 08:18 AM      Profile for Patrick McDonough   Email Patrick McDonough   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had no problem with our print. And I have seen worse zombie movies.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: