Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Ma Femme est Une Actrice (My Wife is An Actress)

Author Topic: Ma Femme est Une Actrice (My Wife is An Actress)
Peter Berrett
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-18-2002 03:47 AM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Attendance: Village Como Cinema South Yarra 17 March 2002 as part of the French Film Festival. Presentation: Good

Charlotte Gainsbourg and real life husband Yvan Attal (who also directed this film) star in this comedy/drama/romance about a man married to a famous actress but not coping terribly well with the on screen sex scenes his wife is required to do.

Curiously the film is half in English and half in French which probably makes it a bit more accessible to western audiences. Terrence Stamp features as a fellow actor to whom Gainsbourg becomes attracted. All his lines are in English but for reasons unknown the lines are forced and delivered slowly. Perhaps this was so that bilingual audieces could easily understand him?

The film covers the jealousy and difficulties of being married to someone famous. The pace of the film is quite slow however and does become bogged down a bit at times.

All in all an ok film but for reasons I can't quite put my finger on I found it lacked appeal.

Verdict 6 stars out of 10.

cheers Peter

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: