Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Hable con ella (Talk to her)

Author Topic: Hable con ella (Talk to her)
Miguel Angel Martorell
Film Handler

- posted 03-16-2002 08:47 PM      Profile for Miguel Angel Martorell   Email Miguel Angel Martorell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Scope/SRD. Iīve seen it in SR īcause the screen has only DTS and SR

The Almodovar first film after the Oscar. I didnīt expected much of it first of all īcause one of the main roles is played by Rosario Flores (Lola Flores daughter) who is a singer but not an actress.
Second I donīt like the bullfighting "art" but Almodovar do it again. A touching-heart movie about LONELYNESS. The plot is difficult, two couples, a bullfighter woman and a writer, and a dancer who is in coma for 4 years and the (I donīt remember the male genere of nurse, sorry) who takes care of her. Both men found each other in the hospital.
All this showed through the particular vision of Almodovar makes this film another great movie for this particular director/writer/producer.

If is distributed in USA, you can tell me if they delete a scene where a diminute man penetrates in his girlfriendīs vagina.

The print was clean and see it on a 20 metres wide screen is and extra experience but the lamp was a little used, 1000 hours for a 5000 watt one I think is too much.

Un saludo

|  IP: Logged

Gunnar Johansson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-03-2003 03:42 PM      Profile for Gunnar Johansson   Author's Homepage   Email Gunnar Johansson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just came home from seeing this movie. I didnīt get it the first half of the film, but then it lifted, and I absolutely loved it. Very different, and Iīm not quite sure I understood everything, but it was cool. Very yellow in itīs tone, but I got the loneliness of the two men, and it actually touched me.
Just SR īcause weīre having some trouble with our processor (technician coming tomorrow) and it was the worst copy ever. Sombody really slaughtered this one. Bad scratches in the first two reels, and in the rest, if it wasnīt scratched there was green little lines out on the right hand side, as if theis sprockets had done a really bad job.
Not much for bullfighting (been to one in Spain, and when we applauded when the bull wasnīt killed or hurt, we were asked to leave [Smile] ) but those scenes werenīt too bad, or glorifying.
The vagina scene was included in the swedish version...

//Gunnar

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-04-2003 03:29 PM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The vagina scene is also in the US (Sony Pictures Classics) version.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: