Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Le Double De Ma Moutie (1999)

Author Topic: Le Double De Ma Moutie (1999)
Peter Berrett
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-10-2002 03:34 AM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oops slight spelling mistake - should be 'la double de ma moitie' = 'My other half's double'.

Attendance: My Bedroom. 12" screen television fed by satellite dish receiving TV5 Asia. Subtitling. Teletota. White subtitles with black border.

I am not familiar with the main actors in this film, Bernard Giraudeau
and Zabou Breitman so I did not know quite what to expect from this film.

Essentially the subject matter has been done in movies often enough before. The film is a farce revolving around the use of twin sisters. A fashion designer finds that his wife is having an affair so he decides to use her newly discovered twin sister to get rid of her lover and win her back (and have some fun along the way).

Unlike hollywood films I found this film to be a bit more pacy and had a harder edge to it (ie more realistic) than similar films I have seen before. The actors work their way through the script quickly enough and portray their characters well but at times one finds it difficult to really like the characters.

Direction is also a little clicheed. How many times have Hollywood movies always shown a womans feet stepping out of a taxi and then panned up to reveal who it is?

Nevertheless the film worked well overall. I thought Zabou Breitman acted really well in that she convincingly potrayed two different people albeit who look the same.

Definently worth viewing. 7/5 stars out of 10.

cheers Peter

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: