Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Count Of Monte Cristo

Author Topic: Count Of Monte Cristo
Neil Hunter
Film Handler

- posted 02-04-2002 11:11 AM      Profile for Neil Hunter   Email Neil Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. It was much better than I expected for a late-January release. I thought Jim Caviezel(sp) would be a little strange as Edmond Dantes, but he did it very well. If it had been someone else, it wouldn't have been as good. The imagery was good and the story was solid. They don't make 'em like this one anymore. Definetly worth seeing.

------------------
Let...me know...if you see..a Radio Shack...

|  IP: Logged

Eli Blasingame
Film Handler

- posted 02-05-2002 12:24 AM      Profile for Eli Blasingame   Email Eli Blasingame   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Something funny to look for at the end of the big sword fight.
After the fight the lady (who) was shoot is standing in the window moving and fixing her hair. opps

Mitchell Cope
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-10-2002 08:27 AM      Profile for Mitchell Cope   Email Mitchell Cope   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very good, enjoyable film. Plot had a lot of twists and turns. There is a lot of story to tell, so the pacing seemed a little fast to get it all in. Wished it could have had more of an "epic" film quality to it. It needed to be filmed in scope and could have had a better musical score. Though Richard Harris looks like the old Richard Harris, he didn't deliver lines liked he used to... pompous like, accentuating each word. Instead, he gave an incredible performance. Good casting.

When the Count of Monte Cristo has his "coming out party", he has this grand entrance which has got to be one of the best. I won't give it away because it was impressive for the times.

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 02-24-2002 06:44 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
02/24/02, Cinemark 17, Springfield OR, 12:40PM, #15, flat, SR-D. About 60 people in attendance. Very good presentation. Not a single audible SR-D block error or other artifact, but also no .1 LFE that I can detect either (as in all the SR-D auditoriums there). Print was in pristine condition.

Second time I've seen it, this time with others. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed it. This is a very solid movie, holds up well on 2nd viewing. Recommended if you haven't seen it yet.

------------------
- dave
Look at this! His chin strap has been cut!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: