Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » National Lampoons Van Wilder

Author Topic: National Lampoons Van Wilder
Darren Solomon
Film Handler

- posted 02-03-2002 08:04 PM      Profile for Darren Solomon   Author's Homepage   Email Darren Solomon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just watched the dry run of this and I was ROTFL soo much, I think its funnier than American Pie and Animal House. Just beware of the Dog and food stunt, and get ready to laugh your ass off when you see the "Colon Blow" stunt! About time Artisan put out something really good. I say this will be a hit when it gets released. Soo funny!
Watch out for the Dogs big balls too. And the C**K pump!

|  IP: Logged

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-12-2002 04:19 PM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Attendance: 2002/04/12 19:15, Carmike 10, Huntsville, AL, Auditorium 5 (THX/DD), Flat

This movie did have some really funny moments, but they seemed fairly few and far between, and as a whole, I was a bit disappointed (well, actually not, after reading the one-star review in the Huntsville Times). It's definitely not an "Animal House". I didn't hear many laughs from the audience during this showing. The dog and food stunt and "Colon Blow" things got the most laughs, with not much laughter elsewhere. It is clear that nothing is supposed to be taken seriously or for real in this movie. In one scene, a guy's back catches fire with massaging oil on it (bare skin on fire) and he is on fire for a while, then jumps out a window with his back totally engulfed in flames into a little pond or fountain type thing. He seems to not suffer any injury from this, where in real life, his back would be covered in third degree burns.

There was nothing to get me very interested in any of the characters in the movie. I really didn't care enough about any of them to care about their final fate in the movie. This movie is better with a group or large crowd. Their reactions will add to the experience. Watching in a somewhat empty house will make this movie pretty dull and dumb overall.

------------------
Evans A Criswell
Huntsville-Decatur Movie Theatre Information Site

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-12-2002 06:41 PM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
<<About time Artisan put out something really good>>

Youre joking, right?
This was among the worst.
I didnt see how any of it was funny.

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 04-13-2002 04:45 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think this film was aimed right at the heart of the younger generation, and packaged with plenty of glitz, glamour, and no talent to speak of. I found very little of this humorous at all.

As for Animal House, Sorry, but that is THE film of all time. You see, this film is actually BELIEVABLE. The zit scene by Belushi is gross but funny, all of it is all stuff that people either did or could do and back in the day, was actually acceptable behavior by college students (as in my day when we had a six hour water fight using 22 thousand gallons of water.... all of it in our dorm hall).

Dave

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-08-2004 12:51 PM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[puke]

I wonder how many people got physically sick after seeing the eclair scene. I rented it on DVD and actually puked when that scene came on it was so disgusting. I can't imagine what it was like in the theatre.

EEWW

Dennis M Dow Jr
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-27-2004 08:51 PM      Profile for Dennis M Dow Jr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Richard sez
quote:
I wonder how many people got physically sick after seeing the eclair scene
I almost passed out from laughing so hard. was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: