Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Count of Monte Cristo

Author Topic: Count of Monte Cristo
David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 01-26-2002 06:13 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sat. Jan 26th, Regal Cinema World 8, Eugene OR, 12:20PM, Theater #4. Digital sound, I'm guessing DTS. About 30 people in a 300-seat house. Technically the best presentation I've seen there for a while, near flawless. Now if they could just get the temp. in the auditorium to stop fluctuating between 60 and 80.

I don't think I've ever seen a previous version of this, so I have nothing to directly compare it to. I liked the movie a lot, really enjoyed it. The story worked for me, pulled me in and held my attention. They kept the "modern touches" in the script to a minimum. The cinematography is outstanding, and it was razor sharp, bright, and steady on the screen today. Yay.

The end credits say "Filmed in Panavision", but it's flat 1.85. This looked so good I didn't miss the wider image.

------------------
- dave
Stay away from the meadow...

|  IP: Logged

Dave Bird
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-26-2002 10:12 PM      Profile for Dave Bird   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Bird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep! This one has it all. Hot babe, gunfights, knifefights, swordfights, prison breaks, buried treasure. (Kung-fu, pool-stick fu, Joe Bob Briggs would love it!) I thought it was well done and moved right along for a 2.5 hour film. The aud I was in shut down the annoying fuzzy slides and spotlighted a very nervous kid in headphones and golf shirt to announce the title, rating, running time and asked everyone to please turn off pagers and phones. Well, it could have been an adult in a suit on stage in front of a curtain, but since none exist at this multiplex, the kid down in the corner was appreciated just the same...

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: