Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Orange County

Author Topic: Orange County
Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-18-2002 09:19 PM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Attandance: Regal Madison Square 12, Huntsville, AL, 2002/01/18 19:20, Auditorium 8, Flat, DTS

I went into this movie not expecting much except to be cheered up by an average dumb movie. The movie exceeded my expectations. In its second weekend of running, a good turnout (about 50 percent of a larger auditorium) was treated to a print with no noticeable battle scars (scratches) from a week of running, although it was shown slightly out of frame, causing the bottom half of the captions in one scene to be cut off. If it hadn't been for that, it would not have been noticeable. I liked this movie. It had plenty of laughs, but I enjoyed the story, although it was far out in places (burn a building down at Stanford and get away with it). There was a lot of loud laughter from the audience at many times, so the movie was a great success as a comedy. I liked the wacky characters in the movie Like "Waterboy", there were only one or two characters in the movie that didn't have serious problems.

Go see this movie if you want to forget your troubles and be cheered up for a while and kill a small percentage of your brain cells.

------------------
Evans A Criswell
Huntsville-Decatur Movie Theatre Information Site

|  IP: Logged

Joe Beres
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-21-2002 09:46 AM      Profile for Joe Beres   Email Joe Beres   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Evans here. Orange County was a good movie. Being a fan of Jack Black, I had somewhat high expectations. JB certainly did not disappoint, and I though Colin Hanks was quite good as well. There were aspects of the film that were a bit annoying and unneccesary, namely the two surfer-dude friends, but for the most part, it was a well-written and funny comedy.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: