Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham

Author Topic: Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham
Peter Berrett
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-20-2001 11:43 PM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all

Whilst stumbling around Village Cinema's website I came across the following article about what appears to be a Bollywood Blockbuster.
CLICK HERE

From time to time I see Indian Tv by satellite here in Australia and have caught glimpses of Bollywood musicals. I have been very impressed by the energy and professionalism of Indian Musicals and the music isn't bad either so I figure it is about time I went to see my first full Indian musical.

Here is another link about the film
http://www.desithrill.com/content/Interviews/oct15200116567.shtml

I don't think this film has been released in Victoria yet but I shall keep an eye out for it. Do we have any adventurous readers who have seen this film yet?

cheers Peter

|  IP: Logged

Paul Cassidy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-21-2001 01:22 AM      Profile for Paul Cassidy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Cassidy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I have shown this movie at the Crystal Palace Auckland , 11 reels although the Last is quite small and for a change the credits are quite long ,so don't caught out waiting for the last minutes to turn the Lights on (Oh I forgot some people have Automation) any way this is a very good film ,very well done and with English sub titles , top actors ,alot was filmed in England and has lots of English girls doing dancing as well , I enjoyed what I saw (between change overs) I recommend to anyone to see, very high quality production.
www.vaishnavi.biz try this link.

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-26-2001 12:13 AM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen this one but I have seen a few other "Bollywood" movies; even at their near 3-hour length and in a language I don't understand, they're still more entertaining than most other stuff out there (what can I say, I like musicals.) It is quite funny how they will speak Hindi through most of the film but every once in a while out of the blue they will say something in English.

Laurence Till
Film Handler

- posted 12-31-2001 04:09 PM      Profile for Laurence Till   Email Laurence Till   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just recently saw this movie and found it quite interesting. ALthough a bit drawn out for my taste, it seemed as two movies in one.
I enjoyed the music and dance scenes as the only examples I had seen previously were on PBS exhibiting an old style. The ones in the movie were modern and energetic. The female actors were pleasing to the eye as I am sure the males were.
The actors that portrayed the mother and father are in real life married. They haven't been on screen together in many years. Also they have a fan base that well outnumbers any popular Hollywood actor. In my opinion, Bollywood would do well to exhibit thier wares more often in the states.
The gist of the movie was the importance of family. And that can never be overstated.

Paul Goulet
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-01-2002 05:43 PM      Profile for Paul Goulet   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Goulet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Welcome Laurence Till! Now post in "Who The Heck Are You", so everyone will know "Who The Heck Are You"!!

Paul

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: