Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Not Another Teen Movie

Author Topic: Not Another Teen Movie
Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-15-2001 08:10 PM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Attendance: Regal River Oaks Cinema 8, Decatur, AL Aud. 8, 2001/12/14 19:15, Flat

Never fear, whenever there is a dumb comedy that hits the screen, I'll be here to post a review. Earlier during the day that I saw thsi movie, I read an article on CNN saying that critics were calling it the worst movie of the year, so naturally, I thought, "I've got to see this!"

It's just what you'd expect. Many teen movies from the past were parodied. Not only were the recent movies referenced, but so were some from the 1980s. What would a teen movie be without a parody of Molly Ringwald? How about having Molly Ringwald in it, unfortunately minus that hairdo I grew to love in the 80s.

The movie briefly invoked memories of Porky's, The Breakfast Club, American Pie, 10 Things I Hate About You (more than briefly), Bring It On (although I never saw the original), Scary Movie, Road Trip, Pretty in Pink, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and several more that I can't think of the names of at the moment.

There is plenty of gross out stuff. Taking already silly scenes and parodying them leads to even sillier scenes, of course.

Anyway, as dumb as it may seem, it certainly cheered me up, and the audience loved it. I recommend it. It's not as good as Scary Movie or Road Trip, but it's a good party movie for people in the mood for silliness.

The presentation was top notch. (Film Done Right).

------------------
Evans A Criswell
Huntsville-Decatur Movie Theatre Information Site

|  IP: Logged

John Lasher
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-16-2001 04:09 PM      Profile for John Lasher   Author's Homepage   Email John Lasher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nah. It was just film that hadn't had a chance to be done wrong yet. Film done wrong once will continue to look like film done wrong until the day someone takes an ax to it. Even if it is done right for every showing post-done wrong, it will still look like film done wrong. This appears to be a frequent occurrence at the Regal 17 near where I live, myfriends insist on goin there, even if the Cinema Center 3(where you will alwys see film done right) is showing the same movie, at the same time, and charging $2 less for admission than Regal, my friends will still insiston going to that filthy, overpriced, dive that is the Regal 17 plex.

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-16-2001 05:56 PM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You seem very optomistic

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: