Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Spy Game

Author Topic: Spy Game
Josh Kirkhart
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-23-2001 05:19 AM      Profile for Josh Kirkhart   Email Josh Kirkhart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Redford is my favorite spy. Martini ha!

Enjoyed this film a lot. I think the editor was on crack, but hey it kept the pace running at 100 mph. Of'course after teching Black Knight anything may make the top ten. I felt Brad Pitt had a very small role, hell, I saw more of him on friends than in the movie. Smart, very into the details, I just enjoyed watching Redford do something besides whisper to horses. All in all probably the best year for Redford for a while.

4 stars

------------------
I believe comic heroes walk the earth

|  IP: Logged

Mitchell Cope
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-28-2001 12:20 PM      Profile for Mitchell Cope   Email Mitchell Cope   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I keep thinking Redford has retired from being in front of the camera and then he does this. He is really great in this film and it appears he hasn't lost his touch. When my family saw this, we all thought... "gee, aren't all movies supposed to be this good."

Did anyone feel that the ending was too abrupt? Maybe I just wanted the film to go on for a little longer.

Daniel Boisson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-07-2001 07:55 PM      Profile for Daniel Boisson   Email Daniel Boisson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i didn't think it was abrupt, i wanted it to go on longer. i thought it was a great movie.

------------------
3% Body Fat. 1% Brain Activity.

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-09-2001 11:14 AM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
2 words
bor ing

I think the problem is is didn't understand what was going on most of the time thats all.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 01-08-2002 06:57 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't really enjoy it too much, but I was tired when we watched it which probably made the difference.

One thing that irritated me was the fact that Pitt's character was named "Bishop," which was Redford's character's name in the excellent movie "Sneakers." So everytime someone would say the name "Bishop" in the movie, it would make me think about "Sneakers" which IMHO was a lot more enjoyable film than this one. (This one's doing more business for us, though.)

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: