Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Riding in cars with boys.

Author Topic: Riding in cars with boys.
Daniel Boisson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-28-2001 12:09 AM      Profile for Daniel Boisson   Email Daniel Boisson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
when i went in to see it, my manager smirked at me. It is a well made move with and excellent story, kinda sad, then happy,then sad agin,etc. I thought it was also well directed. As for the acting, drew barrymore does a good job, just good though. There was a good mix of really good and almost bad acting amongst the rest of the cast. i would recommend it, but you'd have to see it with someone, not alone.

|  IP: Logged

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 12-08-2001 09:18 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to have seen a real actress take on Drew's role. Drew is nice and fine for fluffy roles, but let's face it...she cannot act.

...and having Drew and Aussie Adam in the car acting as son and mother??? Who was Laverne trying to kid?? Adam's two years OLDER than Drew for goodness sake!

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 02-07-2002 06:01 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Better late than never

2/7/02 Cinemark Movies 12 (dollar theater), Springfield OR. Theater #7, Ultra Stereo optical sound. Haven't been to this theater for almost 3 years, since the 17-plex opened on the other side of the same mall (that's when Movies 12 was turned into a dollar house). Amazingly, it's exactly the way I remember it from its first-run days: dim, uneven illumination; fuzzy picture; weak sound, dialog difficult to understand sometimes, and as a bonus the left screen channel was intermittently buzzing loudly. The print was in very good condition though - nary a scratch on it.

This film was recommended by a friend, so I finally went. I did not hate it, but some things were just not right. The story spans 20 years, but Drew Barrymore barely ages. Her grown "son" looks about her age. I dunno. Flawed but watchable I guess.

------------------
- dave
Avoid the meadow...

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: