Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Max Keeble's Big Move

Author Topic: Max Keeble's Big Move
Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-08-2001 09:46 AM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Attendance: Carmike 10, Huntsville, AL, Auditorium 6 THX/DD, 2001/10/05, 19:00

This is a funny and entertaining movie and is great for kids or adults that haven't grown up very much (like myself). The audience consisted mostly of families with children and a few isolated old folks and the audience seemed to enjoy the movie quite a bit.

I noticed quite a few things about the movie that would have been more in-place back in the 1980s. Many of the outfits the kids were wearing in school in that movie are not allowed in most schools due to the more restrictive dress codes that many schools have gone crazy implementing. Untucked shirts, coats, jackets, the robe, any type of pants with extra pockets, like cargo pants, etc.

It's always funny to a kid to see a figure of authority come across as an idiot, and I think this is the main thing that kids will love about this movie, especially in the way that the principal makes video announcements over the school's TV system, then manages to leave the camera on afterwards every time. They'll also love the food fight scene in the lunchroom.

Another thing about the movie that would not happen in many schools today is the things the bullies were doing to students in the movie. At least in my area, there is such a "zero tolerance" policy toward any type of aggression or threat to another student that punishments are severe even for minor things. The school in this movie was clearly from the 70s or early to mid 80s.

A movie about a real school these days would probably be pretty boring, though.

The presentation quality was excellent here. The manager told me that one of the reels would drop out of Dolby Digital to analog, and that he had requested a replacement reel.

------------------
Evans A Criswell
Huntsville-Decatur Movie Theatre Information Site

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: