Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Get Over It

Author Topic: Get Over It
Peter Berrett
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-09-2001 08:17 AM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Place

Coburg Drive-in Theatre Sept 9 2001 Screen 3.

I have not seen Kirsten Dunst's work before but I was impressed with her acting and singing ability in this film. This teen film was not startling but it did have energy and kept my interest throughout. The idea of a contemporary version of a shakespearean work has merit.

I thought the pacing and filming was of a fairly good standard although the toilet humor is unnecessary and generally not funny.

Curiously this film has not generally received good ratings. Whilst a little predictable I did not find it boring or overly offensive so I am surprised with the ratings.

In future I will pay a little closer attention to teen films as there is come talent there. I am surprised this film was not reviewed earlier. It has probably gone to video in the US by now.

Verdict 7/10.

cheers Peter

|  IP: Logged

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-19-2001 12:43 PM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I must have been the only one in the world who absolutely LOVED this movie- it's a damn shame it didn't do better. I bought the DVD but my rear speakers are blown, still waiting for new woofers to show up before I watch it.

Michael Barry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-22-2001 11:31 AM      Profile for Michael Barry   Email Michael Barry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jesse - another vote over this way!

It was most uplifting and hilarious, and that doesn't happen very often. The last movie that had that kind of effect on me was 'The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle', and I think I still may be quite alone on that one!

Martin Short was phenomenal, and made me belly-laugh everytime he was onscreen. I wonder how much of his dialogue was improvised. If I had to sum up the mood of the film, I would say it's 'Better Off Dead' meets 'Waiting for Guffman'. While it doesn't quite reach the dizzy heights of those two films, it does a fine job nonetheless. This one put a huge grin on my face and a bounce in my step...sometimes you want just that from a movie, and this one succeeded admirably in that department.

Another thing that succeeded admirably was the excellent presentation, which of course was a given: John Wilson was in the box!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: