Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Rockstar

Author Topic: Rockstar
Joel Michalec
Film Handler

- posted 09-08-2001 02:20 AM      Profile for Joel Michalec   Author's Homepage   Email Joel Michalec   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My staff and I previewed Rockstar today and I have to say...I usually have opposite opinions of the critics, but I agree that this film was excellent. In DTS, I felt as though I was at a concert for most of the movie. The soundtrack was super and the acting was overall very good. I will say that Marky Mark is a much better singer than he is an actor.

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 09-08-2001 04:30 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Marky Mark iz da phiggidy phat bomb yo. His acting singing and rapping all be mad tight. Word. Yo I cant waits for da Funky Bunch movie homie g. Peace out.

Joel Michalec
Film Handler

- posted 09-08-2001 11:13 AM      Profile for Joel Michalec   Author's Homepage   Email Joel Michalec   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe,

Are they making a movie about that....in his MM heyday, the music was PHAT.
Joel

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 10-08-2001 11:42 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you all NUTS? This guy cant act period, or sing. He is a well payed individual and I don't know why. Even in APES he was horrible, and he was the star!

Here is a snippet of a press release the day this movie was released..

"...Rockstar is NOT the story of singer Tim Owens of Judas priest. All and any simalarities are purely coincidental".

Ok sure, why not. Could be a coincidence that Tim Owens had a cover band that did only judas priest songs and he was hired to replace singer Rob Halford after just one song. Yeah, its a coincidence.

Dave

Greg Mueller
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-08-2001 12:52 PM      Profile for Greg Mueller   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Mueller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe
Ditto (I think)

------------------
Greg Mueller
Amateur Astronomer, Machinist, Filmnut
http://www.muellersatomics.com/

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: