Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Jeepers Creepers

Author Topic: Jeepers Creepers
Bob Ferreira
Film Handler

- posted 08-31-2001 01:32 AM      Profile for Bob Ferreira   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I just got home from watching this movie and i don't know what to say. I saw the previews and thought that THIS might be the scariest movie this summer (a spot i give to the others, obiviously) So as i sat in the darkened theatre with a few other co-workers, i was expecting some great gore and scariness. But, after a 35 minute car chase-type scene, and the stupidity of the bad (no-name) actors in the movie, god, i have never laughed so hard at a movie. I think i laughed more during this movie than i was scared. For anyone who has seen Texas Chainsaw Massacre the Next Generation and LIKED it, i would highly recommend this movie. But oh GOD! Really, the movie is so terrible i don't know what to say. I wish that Mystery Science Theatre was still around to make fun of this movie. We (my co-workers and I) had so much fun pointing out the stupidity of this movie that we were practically rolling around on the ground.

Ok, so now that you have read how much this movie sucks (to me), here is a brief synopsis:
A brother and sister are traveling home from school. They are nearly run off the road by a loon in a 1930's truck. They live. They keep driving. They drive by a house, see the loony throwing "something" into a huge pipe. They drive and are chased again. Then they decide to go back to see what the "something" is. A bunch of stupid crap happens and then they go to the police station and meet a psychic. The movie makes no sense, so i really have no idea what the hell went on after that. But i do know that the wonderful song Jeeprs Creepers is in the movie for anyone who is wondering, and that for the characters the song could mean death!!

So...go see it if you can for free, if not, then wait till you can see it on video, because the DTS is so minimal it won't matter anyway.

|  IP: Logged

Bob Ferreira
Film Handler

- posted 08-31-2001 01:35 AM      Profile for Bob Ferreira   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and thanks to Francis Ford Coppola for financing this crap as executive producer!!!

Larry Davis
Film Handler

- posted 08-31-2001 05:17 PM      Profile for Larry Davis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked it. Sure it was stupid, but it was fun. It had more than a few scary spots (for me anyway). If you like scary movies, I think you will like this one. It's a dumb movie, like the horror/slashers of the early 80's. But if you like that genre, this film delivers.

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-31-2001 11:42 PM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd tend to agree with Bob on this one. The film sucks. Not even remotely scary however, oddly funny. Not something to pay to see, that's for sure. It's no wonder theatres are facing hard times with crap like this out there ....

When will it ever get better?

------------------
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-03-2001 04:09 AM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just about the whole movie wouldn't have happened if he hadn't decided to turn around and check the place out. I always have a problem with movies like that.

Steve Scott
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-04-2001 09:42 PM      Profile for Steve Scott   Email Steve Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The "creeper" was a clear ripoff of the creature from the black lagoon. I actually think they intended this one to be a comedy!

Tom Ferreira
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-15-2001 05:27 PM      Profile for Tom Ferreira   Email Tom Ferreira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can personally vouch that the gentleman that wrote the original post has no taste...right, Bob?
Concerning Jeepers Creepers, I'm still trying to figure out how this director continues to get work.

Neil Hunter
Film Handler

- posted 10-09-2001 12:04 PM      Profile for Neil Hunter   Email Neil Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This one was good until they got into the diner. Then it just fell apart. And that old woman with 100 cats, and the psychic? Jeez, and the car that wouldn't go into gear right at the right times? Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

Nicole Malfa
Film Handler

- posted 10-22-2001 10:18 PM      Profile for Nicole Malfa   Author's Homepage   Email Nicole Malfa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This movie was horrible. It was dragged out and cheesey like an 80's horror movie. I give it the thumbs down.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: