Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Session 9

Author Topic: Session 9
Aldo Baez
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-12-2001 02:53 PM      Profile for Aldo Baez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well considering I saw this movie with the masking set to flat instead of scope (resulting in about a 8 foot strip of blank screen at the top) it was pretty decent.

It was wierd seeing a movie filmed with those new Sony cameras, since I'm so used to regular film cameras, it looks quite different.

As for the movie, it was really creepy, much more so than Blair Witch, especially when those session tapes were playing, those voices were just scary (Things like that spook me). The asylum setting (it's a real shutdown asylum in Boston or somewhere I read) was also very scary, there's NO way I would ever try to clean that place up even with a 10 grand bonus. The dried cracked up paint on the walls
the leftover pictures on the wall from previous mental patients also added a really creepy atmosphere. The pacing was great, we learn about the asylum and its old inhabitants little by little.

I'm still debating whether I liked the ending or not, either way a good entertaining, creepy movie.

4 out of 5 stars.

|  IP: Logged

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-22-2001 03:07 AM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FYI- It is the old Danvers State Mental Hospital in Danvers Mass, (The city that I live and work in) it is just north of Boston, and it is very creepy.

------------------
--Sean McKinnon
Manager
Loews Cineplex Entertainment
Liberty Tree Mall 20
Danvers, Mass
www.enjoytheshow.com

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: