Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Legally Blond

Author Topic: Legally Blond
Steven Pickles
Film Handler

- posted 07-06-2001 10:09 PM      Profile for Steven Pickles   Email Steven Pickles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked this one... mainly because I thought it was going to be awful and it turned out to be rather good. Reese Witherspoon was perfect for the role. The film was funny and entertaining. The plot was unbelievable, but everything fit together to make the movie enjoyable. There isn't much else to say.

|  IP: Logged

Rachel Carter
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-16-2001 02:01 AM      Profile for Rachel Carter   Email Rachel Carter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I completly agree with Steven. It was very entertaining and funny. A very cutesy girly movie. It seemed like most of the girls in the theater liked it and the guys didn't.

I'd give it 2 1/2 stars out of 5 being average.

Kristin Wahlund
Film Handler

- posted 07-16-2001 10:21 PM      Profile for Kristin Wahlund   Email Kristin Wahlund   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought that it was a great movie! Being one of the few girls at my theatre and being the only blonde, i am the butt of a lot of jokes. This movie might help them undertand me. It was very funny and just one of those great fun shows! Reese Witherspoon is one of my favorite actresses, and I'd say she was great as a Barbie-type blonde.

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-23-2001 10:59 AM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Attendance: Carmike Century Cinema 8, Decatur, AL, 2001/07/22 19:15 CDT, Auditorium 7

Well, I'm a guy and I liked this movie. Elle, early in the movie, actually reminded me of some guys I've known. Her blondness was carried to an extreme. I've never known a girl that was obsessed with having fluffiness on everything, even her laptop computer. This is the kind of movie, if you're a guy, that you go see where there is little chance of running into anyone you know in the theatre where you're seeing it. I heard from some friends that this movie was really funny, and heard from others that it wasn't. Not much in the movie made me laugh, but the story kept me curious as to how everything was going to work out.

Attendance was rather poor, so this movie doesn't seem to be bringing in much business. Of course, this particular theatre has probably run off a good deal of business by its poor presentations.

The presentation quality was quite awful. This theatre consistently amazes me in providing presentations that take entire paragraphs to summarize the flaws. This particular one scored a 76 in my rating system: Image lacked 6 inches to a foot touching left edge of screen. (-2) Jagged edge of aperture plate visible (fading) at right portion of top edge. (-1) Brightness not uniform. Image was of sufficient brightness just left of the center of the image, with the corners and rightmost part of image being very dim in comparison to the bright portion. This problem has become quite severe in this auditorium. (-10) Anamorphic lens element slightly crooked, making vertical lines slant leftward at an angle of 3 to 4 degrees. (-2) Several flat trailers were played with scope lens and aperture. (-2) Projectionist too lazy to do proper flat/scope changeovers? Projector shut off about 10 seconds after credits began. (-2) Excessive noise was audible during quiet scenes and significant distortion was noticeable during the previews and the entire movie, especially during background music in scenes. (-5)

If Carmike doesn't do something about this theatre, they might as well close it. Go to this page to see this theatre's track record.

------------------
Evans A Criswell
Huntsville-Decatur Movie Theatre Info Site

Peter Berrett
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-12-2001 10:35 PM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all

Saw this one at Coburg Drive-in last night.

A tongue in cheek romantic comedy that works quite well and has some good laughs. In some ways it reminded me a bit of the movie Bimboland in its treatment of Bimbos except of course that in this film its a blond bimbo.

7.5 out of 10.

cheers Peter

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: