Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Dogs & Cats Rated PG

Author Topic: Dogs & Cats Rated PG
Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 07-05-2001 07:45 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The NY reviews for this picture basically ripped this picture apart.
None-the-less this is the one my twin grand children wanted to see yesterday. More reasons not to rely on reviews. The picture was delightfull right from the begining. A lot of computer animation which is noticable but not to my wife or the kids. Many gut wrenching laughs. Good for children my age.

|  IP: Logged

JC Cowles
Film Handler

- posted 07-05-2001 11:57 PM      Profile for JC Cowles   Email JC Cowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was not impressed with this movie. I think I laughed out loud once the whole time. I can see where little kids might think it's cute, but these are also the same kids that usually have a 10-second attention span. Also, as I said with Spielberg taking on A.I., I think Jeff Goldblum should've hitched on the Jurassic Park bandwagon this year.

Rachel Carter
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-08-2001 02:51 AM      Profile for Rachel Carter   Email Rachel Carter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I liked it! I thought it was cute and funny....as long as you like dogs.

Cats Drool, Dogs Rule, THIS SUMMER

Ok, that's not how it went, but that's how it should have been...

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 07-08-2001 06:46 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rachell, there's a new career waiting for you as an advert writer

...and I hear it doesn't involve personal injury which should make a nice change for you.

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-08-2001 06:56 PM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Attendance: 2001/07/07 15:15 Regal River Oaks Cinema 8, Decatur, AL, Auditorium 1

Cute

Funny

Bizarre

Those were three words that I used in describing the movie when the theatre manager asked me if I liked it. I've recently been around some friends' pets (both cats and dogs) that have been quite a bit of fun to play with, and have noticed some of the quirks that each animal tends to have, and believe that being around these animals recently made me enjoy the movie more. I can also appreciate the tremendous amount of work that went into making this movie. The movie was primarily for kids, but I enjoyed it. I probably did not enjoy it enough to buy it on DVD when it comes out (That's the real test. ).

I can say that this was one of the most bizarre "cute" kids movies I've ever seen. Just finding the right words to describe it is difficult.

The presentation quality was excellent, scoring a 100 in my ratings system. Noteworthy fact: entering this showing in my system caused this theatre's projection quality rating to rise another tenth to an incredible 99.4 .

------------------
Evans A Criswell
Huntsville-Decatur Movie Theatre Info Site

Peter Berrett
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-21-2001 09:23 PM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Attendance: Coburg Drive-in Screen 1 (Yes now with new improved luminosity!) Friday September 21 - early bird session.

This film didn't quite work for me. Its aimed at kids so perhaps its just an adult thing. Technically the animation and special effects were ok but there was not a lot new here. The idea of an espionage story built around animals was a bit lame to begin with. I suppose also with recent events that I wasn't in quite the mood for this sort of film.

Verdict: 6/10 - There are better films to take your kids to see.

cheers Peter

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: