Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » The Fast and the Furious (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: The Fast and the Furious
Manuel Francisco Valencia
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-25-2001 05:07 AM      Profile for Manuel Francisco Valencia   Email Manuel Francisco Valencia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like Gone in Sixty Seconds the plot wasn't beautifully orchestrated and also like Gone in Sixty Seconds it didn't need to be. This is all about the cars and it is great to finally have a movie that displays the import scene. I wasn't particularly pleased with the camera action. Their could have been a lot better angles to shoot these scenes from, but overall I think it will definately hold its own. Vin Diesel, not outstanding but definatley a good actor.

|  IP: Logged

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 05-25-2001 09:41 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Remeber those movies from the 70's or 80's like Skate Town USA? Basically they were an excuse to show you (supposedly) cool people doing (supposedly) cool things. They just tossed in a plot so they could get it past the studio execs. This is what The Fast and the Furious reminded me of. If you like fast cars and you like to see them go fast and do funky things, you'll like this movie. If you want to watch a movie that has a plot go somewhere else.

Remember, this is a MOVIE. Consequently, the laws of physics don't necessarily apply unless it's part of the plot. Don't bother to count how many shots came out of that (supposedly) six-shot revolver and things like that. So, okay they were machine guns... still, Waaaaay to many bullets came out of those guns that only had 50 round magazines in them! So, when that car hits an embankement, flies 1/2 mile through the air, rolls 3 times, lands on it's wheels and the driver walks away, just say to yourself, "This is a MOVIE!"

I had the honor of presiding over the running of this movie for a press screening. I was sitting in the back row of the auditorium watching the "go show". In case there were any problems I could bolt out the rear balcony door and dive into the booth. (Yes, my company has balcony seating in it's bigger buildings, now.) I was called out of the auditorium to answer some questions for the newly arrived general manager and missed about 20 minutes out of the middle of the film. I came back in, sat down and was able to pick up the plot again in only a minute or two.

For me, this was a generally "OK" film but not great.
I give it * * -- Two stars. (Good enough to watch because it's free.)

Dwayne Caldwell
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-21-2001 02:33 PM      Profile for Dwayne Caldwell   Email Dwayne Caldwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two Words:

Phiggidy Phat!

------------------
The man with the magic hands.

Ethan Harper
E-dawggg!!!

- posted 06-21-2001 02:38 PM      Profile for Ethan Harper   Email Ethan Harper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So Freakin Phiggidy Phat!!!

------------------
--"That's my story and i'm sticking to it!"--

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-21-2001 02:52 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
It just doesn't get any Phiggidy Phatter than this film!

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 06-21-2001 03:20 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phee Phi Pho Phiggidy Phat!

Paul Konen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-22-2001 10:18 AM      Profile for Paul Konen   Email Paul Konen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did anyone notice that Paul Walker (Cop) sounded just like Keanu Reeves?

Ethan Harper
E-dawggg!!!

- posted 06-22-2001 11:17 AM      Profile for Ethan Harper   Email Ethan Harper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phiggidy wiggidy whack!

------------------

Will Morrow
Film Handler

- posted 06-22-2001 12:07 PM      Profile for Will Morrow   Author's Homepage   Email Will Morrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
EYE CANDY!!!
The cars in this movie ruled! There were so many, and they were sooo BADA$$! I even have to love that they gave props to the Muscle Car by including the Charger, and having it run with the same car that toasted the Ferarri. GO MOPAR!
This movie was fun, and I can't wait to see it again.

"No, I'm not, I'm just another guy." -Neo

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 06-22-2001 01:55 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mad propz got out to my peeps who made dis phat phlickity philm. Itz da bomb. Yo.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-22-2001 02:28 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man Paul! You just blew the surprise in the movie!!! Now everyone will know that Paul Walker is really a cop and won't have to spend that minute figuring it out during the opening credits.

Seriously though, this movie was absolute crap. It is trying so hard to be cool and hip and phiggidy phat and whatever else, but it is nothing more than a bunch of guys trying to act tough on screen with their jacked up cars. I think I would've enjoyed the movie if they had not have wasted the NOX on their cars and given it to me to breathe during the show.

Ethan Harper
E-dawggg!!!

- posted 06-22-2001 11:11 PM      Profile for Ethan Harper   Email Ethan Harper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Waaazzzuuupppp!!!

Id like to give a shout out to my mad phat master m.c. homie g catz mac daddy Rob Cohen for making such a tight dope phlickity phiggidy phat philm. Yo dat was da mad phat bomb cuz. Word. Doze rides be mad tight. Dat movie be pimpin son. It was madcore fresh. aiigghhtt then. Peace out.

Papa didnt raise no punks!

------------------

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 06-23-2001 02:14 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you cannot grasp the paragraph that Ethan has typed above, Click Here to listen to it spoken aloud by an ebonics speaking computer.

Dwayne Caldwell
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-24-2001 12:35 AM      Profile for Dwayne Caldwell   Email Dwayne Caldwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dis philm is da tight phat bomb aight! Iz digs the NOX shit yo! Dat Paul Walker waz a crazey mo'fo wit' propz aplenty on his phiggidy phat phast draggin' auto. Make a racer proud ta' be a honky, you know wha' I sayin' fool!? Nothin' whack 'bout Rob Cohen! Pretty dope d'rectin' fo' a Keebler you know wha' I sayin'? Iz call him da G Massa phresh from da' philm school a coolness y'all! Dis philm put a cap in all da summer movies' asses so fa'! If ya' like gettin' jiggy wit' it then check it homies! Word.

------------------
The man with the magic hands.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 06-24-2001 03:15 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yo yo yo dis be da phresh fly philly yo. Rob Cohen have da mad skillz 2 direct them mo'fo's in dis phat phiggidy phunky phun philm yo. Dat G money iz tight know what I'm sayin'? So U think sum other movie B a mo phiggidy phresh phat ass bomb? Talk to da hand, mo'fo. Dis iz where it be. Rob Cohen jus be keepin it real yo. Word 2 ur mutha.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: