Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Spy Kids

Author Topic: Spy Kids
Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-05-2001 09:01 PM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Attendance: Regal Madison Square 12, Huntsville, AL Auditorium 8 2000/04/05 19:15 DTS Flat

This movie seems to be aimed primarily at kids, and is full of good special effects and creative gadgetry. There were a lot of directional sound effects in the surrounds to complement the action on the screen. The average kid should love this movie. The movie is good enough to keep an adult's interest throughout. The length of the movie is about right (around 90 mintues) and the timing of action in the movie keeps everything moving without long dull stretches.

One complaint I have about this movie is the bad word or two thrown in. It seemed forced and out-of-character when said, as if the word was put in just for the heck of it. Why? To avoid a "G" rating?

The presentation was OK except for the DTS sound failing and switching to analog every 5 minutes for the first half of the movie. Each failure lasted 5 to 10 seconds, which due to the drastically lower volume level of the analog, was very distracting when it occurred. If they'd just calibrate the levels of the two to be the same, it wouldn't be nearly as noticeable.

------------------
Evans A Criswell
Huntsville-Decatur Movie Theatre Info Site

|  IP: Logged

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-07-2001 09:26 PM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't notice any bad words in this except for "Oh shi-iiintaki mushrooms!"

Gracia L. Babbidge
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-22-2001 12:42 AM      Profile for Gracia L. Babbidge   Author's Homepage   Email Gracia L. Babbidge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really liked Spy Kids!
It was the most fun I had screening a film in a long while.

If I thought that my three year old brother could handle sitting still & behaving in the auditorium, I'd bring him to see this movie.

Heh, maybe I ought to drag my 20 year old brother to see it!

~GLB

------------------
In some cultures, what I do is considered normal.

Dana Stutzman
Film Handler

- posted 04-29-2001 02:21 PM      Profile for Dana Stutzman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DUPLICATE POST FROM ANOTHER THREAD IN ANOTHER FORUM - REMOVED BY MODERATOR

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-29-2001 02:32 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Dana, I have deleted your post because you have already asked that exact same question in another thread, already got an answer to it and then 30 minutes later you asked the same question here! Please keep questions to one thread and do not spread topics around between threads and especially different forums. Also, this is the movie REVIEW forum.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: