Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » See Spot Run

Author Topic: See Spot Run
Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-05-2001 09:47 AM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Attendance: 2000/03/02, 21:45, Regal Madison Square 12, Huntsville, AL, Auditorium 7 (54 feet wide, 52 feet deep, 32 foot screen in flat mode).

This movie brought in between 30 and 40 people for this showing, most of which were rowdy teenagers, which made for a good audience for this type of movie, to help give the right atmosphere.

This is another "dumb comedy" along the lines of "Dude, Where's my Car" and "Saving Silverman". Recently, some of these "dumb comedies", although dumb, have served their purpose well as far as entertaining the audience. "See Spot Run" made everyone laugh a lot all through the movie, and that's my test of what makes a comedy successful.

There are several "humor by gross-out" scenes which are a necessity in today's comedy movies. There are some things in this movie I hadn't seen before. I'd never seen someone ignite a zebra fart and I'd never seen a guy get a bunch of dog crap all over him.

What is it with "Bust a Move" by Young M.C.? It was used in "Dude, Where's My Car" and now in "See Spot Run". Is it the best "late 80s dance/rap song" that comes to people's minds these days? I admit I like it, but think it's more than coincidental that two comedies used it within a few months of each other. I had been playing the song a lot at home due to "Dude, Where's My Car", after not touching the CD for about 10 years. "See Spot Run" will cause me to continue playing it more in the near future.

Anyway, I recommend this movie. Park your brain at the auditorium entrance, think like a teenager, and enjoy this movie. You're only young once.

Evans A Criswell
http://home.hiwaay.net/~criswell/theatre/

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 03-23-2001 03:33 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My wife and I took our four year old twin grandchildren to "See Spot Run" last weekend. They were hysterical laughing throughout most of the picture. The Zebra "fart" scene was the high-light. They loved it. It's nice to know my sense of humor will be carried on.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 03-23-2001 08:09 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can kids see this picture?

------------------
Better Projection Pays!

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-24-2001 02:23 AM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
15,000 Years Of Human Artistic Endeavor Culminate In See Spot Run

HOLLYWOOD, CA-- More than 15 millennia of human artistic endeavor, stretching back to the Lascaux cave paintings of the Magdalenian Age, have culminated in See Spot Run, the hit Warner Brothers comedy about a wacky mailman and on-the-lam pooch. "From the plays of Sophocles to the concertos of Bach, to the modernist breakthroughs of Martha Graham, for thousands of years, artistic expression has fed man's soul and united the human race," said Oxford University humanities professor Dr. Edmund Woolsey-Cooke. "See Spot Run, starring David Arquette and Leslie Bibb, is the logical endpoint--the apogee, if you will--of this cultural progression."

Copyright The Onion www.onion.com

Bob Maar

- posted 03-24-2001 10:33 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The picture is rated PG. (Parental Guidence)
Yes, the kids can see this picture.

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-26-2001 10:23 AM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard several people talking about how funny this movie was. Some were telling me about a woman about to fall out of her chair from laughing so much. Even old people are saying it's funny. One of my friends has a mother that is 60 years old and she thought the movie was really funny. When a movie of this nature comes out that included some gross-out gags (as most modern comedies do) that both children and old people like, than that is a major accomplishment.

|  IP: Logged

Bob Maar

- posted 03-26-2001 12:22 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Evans, I am older than your friends Mother and I thought it was hilarious. I was holding my side laughing. A good hearty, painful laugh.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: