Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Hannibal

Author Topic: Hannibal
Paul Cunningham
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-06-2001 10:29 PM      Profile for Paul Cunningham   Email Paul Cunningham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know it doesn't open for another 6 days but I just have to warn everyone that if you get a little squeamish definitely do not see this. There was one scene where the whole audience was going Uggh. Enough said for now.

Paul

|  IP: Logged

Rachel Carter
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-10-2001 12:12 AM      Profile for Rachel Carter   Email Rachel Carter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen this and don't plan to any time soon.

My fiance saw it and liked it, he said the last half hour was very gory but before that it wasn't too bad as far as the gore is concerned. He told me that people should definalty see Silence of the Lambs before they see this movie otherwise it won't make as much sense.....

I'M NOT PLANNING ON SEEING EITHER!

------------------
"Blood is thicker then blondes" - From the movie, Save the last Dance.

FUNNY!!!!!

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-10-2001 01:44 AM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

why not Rachel?

Rachel Carter
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-10-2001 12:59 PM      Profile for Rachel Carter   Email Rachel Carter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I heard that during a local pre-screen some people actually threw up....I don't have the stomach for that

------------------
"Blood is thicker then blondes" - From the movie, Save the last Dance.

FUNNY!!!!!

Dwayne Caldwell
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-11-2001 01:15 AM      Profile for Dwayne Caldwell   Email Dwayne Caldwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not going to watch it not because I can't stomach the cannibalism but because I can't stomach Ridley Scott's past lame attempts at directing.

------------------
The man with the magic hands.

Gracia L. Babbidge
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-14-2001 10:57 AM      Profile for Gracia L. Babbidge   Author's Homepage   Email Gracia L. Babbidge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well. I have watched Hannibal.
I have also read Thomas Harris's novel Hannibal.

The Silence of the Lambs is a better movie as far as I'm concerned.
And of course with Hannibal, I preferred the novel to the movie (one of these days I'll need to read the novel of tSotL).
Did the film have gory moments? Yes.
However, I must say that the book is more grotesque. Too, I have a very twisted imagination…

Did I like the film Hannibal? Yes, its certainly not the greatest film ever made, and doesn't have the same "I could see it again" factor as some other films, but it was fine for the sitting-down-and-seeing-it-once deal.

That's just my opinion. I fully expect someone to disagree, and to say as much in a post.

~GLB

------------------
In some cultures, what I do is considered normal.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 02-15-2001 03:59 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now...from the director of 'Alien', 'Blade Runner', 'Thelma and Louise' and 'Gladiator' comes a movie to make you believe there's no way the same guy directed this turkey.

Honestly...how boring and bad is this flick? It is sooooooooooooo boring but has a bit of gore to try and disguise the fact that it's a dud and get a bit of controversy.

I think it was Isabel Adjani who said once if you're going to make a bad film...make sure it's one no-one will get to see...

...oh, Ridley...you should have listened to Isabel. If you ever had chance at winning a stauette (for Gladiator)...you just lost it mate. They won't be forgiving you for this.

------------------
"It's not the years, honey...it's the mileage". Indiana Jones

timothy johnson
Film Handler

- posted 02-20-2001 01:37 PM      Profile for timothy johnson   Email timothy johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hannibal sucked, I loved "silence" but this thing had no tact and intellignece like the first one, it was as vanilla as hollywood puts out...

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: