Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Miss Congeniality

Author Topic: Miss Congeniality
Andrew McCrea
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-31-2000 03:57 PM      Profile for Andrew McCrea   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew McCrea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do't know if I spelt it right... Anyways! I just got back from SilverCity And I Really Enjoyed This Film! Although I had crappy service this visit, I still really enjoyed the film... It would have been nice to have heard what had happened, but of course the sound had to go out for 5 minutes, the slide projector had to be broken and the manager had to blow me off because he was having his own sort of retail burn out.

eally Good Film... Anyone else want to say anything? I give this film 5 stars (*****) and I'll see it again!!!!

------------------
Andrew McCrea
:) I'm Cute! :)
http://server2044.virtualave.net/flix-flix/film.htm
film-flix@mail.virtualave.net

|  IP: Logged

Erik Schill
Film Handler

- posted 01-01-2001 05:12 PM      Profile for Erik Schill   Email Erik Schill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought William Shatner was cool, and Michael Caine played a good gay guy

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-08-2001 01:45 PM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw this movie at Carmike 10 in Huntsville on Friday, January 5, 2000, and it was neat to see that it was still bringing in large crowds. The presentation quality was very good and the movie exceeded my expectations.

I loved that line that went something like..

Sorry, I was distracted by the half masticated piece of dead cow ....

There were a lot of humorous moments in the film and the audience laughed at a lot of things. It was an entertaining film.

Evans

Peter Berrett
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-15-2001 10:03 PM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a bit of a story as to how I came to see this film.

My wife is a horror fan and she wanted to go see the Exorcist. We have a 2 month year old daughter so we put her in the baby seat and headed off to the Coburg Drive-in (a 3 screen drive-in here in Melbourne, Australia We pulled up at the ticket booth and my wife says - 'we'd like to see the Exorcist'. To which the ticket guy replies 'I'm sorry but I can't let you see that film because you have her' - pointing to my daughter in the back of the car. The guy apologised profusely but said that these were the rules. My wife and I are pretty easy going so we decided to see Miss Congeniality instead - it was showing on one of the other fields.

Miss Congeniality was ok but nothing spectacular. Not all films are spectacularly good or bad - sometimes comedies are just enjoyable but not memorable. This film fell into that category.

I enjoyed seeing William Shatner ham it up (as usual) in this film. Sometimes I think he does these films simply to satirise himself.

I think the writer of the film tried to make a statement about beauty pageants and whether they were meat markets or scholarship programs - I ended up confused as to what they are. The pageant director started believing that the pageants were a scholarship program and ended up believing that they were a meat market whilst Sandra Bullock started believing they were a meat market and ended up believing they were a scholarship program. Talk about mixed messages!

Nonetheless if you have an evening free and just want to be entertained I think you will find this film entertaining. 3 stars out of 5.

cheers Peter

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 04-16-2001 08:51 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In days of old you would have been able to see The Exorcist or any other 'R' rated film with any child as long as they were under 2 years old. I think it's a good move that this was removed.

Many think they are too young to be affected at that age, but now I have my own kids, I'm not so sure...it's incredible what they remember.

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-03-2001 01:50 PM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to put in another recommendation for this movie. Two nights ago, I showed it to 3 friends and they all found it very entertaining. I found that I enjoyed it more the second time than the first. I noticed more subtle details the second time.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: