Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Scary Movie 2 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Scary Movie 2
Andrew McCrea
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-10-2000 02:28 PM      Profile for Andrew McCrea   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew McCrea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep!
That's right! Scary Movie 2 is coming soon! It's due in May 2001! I loved Scary movie and I can't wait for Scary Movie 2!!!! I can't wait to see what they make fun of now!!

What do you think? Do you want to run it? Do you even want to see it? Tell me your feedback!

Andrew

P.S. I know it's a whiule before it's released, but sue me!

|  IP: Logged

Rachel Carter
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-10-2000 02:35 PM      Profile for Rachel Carter   Email Rachel Carter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have to be kidding me. Remember the poster...no sequels!?!?! I was very happy to see that....it was just, a little to over the top for me.

I guess I was just a little too worried about all the little kids trying to sneak in, it ruined my chance for any enjoyment.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 12-10-2000 05:55 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
A terrible film. Just plain damn stupid. If a sequel is made, there is no way I will sit through it. The film was geared toward teenagers, most of which couldn't even see it due to the R rating. If it had've been rated PG-13, it would have made a TON more money.

Dwayne Caldwell
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-10-2000 05:59 PM      Profile for Dwayne Caldwell   Email Dwayne Caldwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe it'll be NC-17 like the first one should have been.

Andrew, you're thirteen, right?

Did you go with your parents or did you sneak in?

------------------
The man with the magic hands.

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-10-2000 06:48 PM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I thought the original "Scary Movie" was hilarious. I know it was dumb and stupid and everything, but it made me laugh, and it was one of the few movies that made the audiences burst out laughing very often. I've heard some of my friends say it was the funniest thing they'd ever seen. Opinions vary very widely on this movie. People tend to either love it or hate it.

I doubt that a "Scary Movie 2" would live up to the original, but you never know these days. Remember "Austin Powers 2"? In my opinion, it was funnier than the original.

Evans

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 12-11-2000 08:15 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will sheepishly admit to having enjoyed the first one. I don't think I would have actually paid money to see it, nor do I have any particular desire to see it again, but it _was_ pretty funny. Of course it was stupid, but that was the point. It wasn't supposed to be profound, but it succeeded at being a dumb-funny "popcorn movie." I enjoyed it more than "Scream" (which I didn't hate, but didn't really enjoy either).

The sequal sounds like a really bad idea, though.

(yes, my taste in films is weird...sue me)

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-11-2000 11:14 PM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I knoooow this was said up above but the poster said "NO SEQUEL"! WTF! I liked scary movie i didnt love it some of it was stupid and gross but some of the spoofs were clever (Usual Suspects) I just dont see why there going to ruin it with a sequel that will bw terrible! (Hey maybe theyll wait to release it so they can put a reference in to a movie that is still bieng shot LOL )

------------------
I love to smoke I smoke seventhousand packs a day and I'm never F*&ing quittin!-- Denis Leary

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 12-13-2000 05:22 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
>>What do you think?<<

Money talks...and Bullshit stays up on the screen.

>>Do you want to run it?<<

You're kidding, right? If I ran it, people would get to see it and it would just encourage the film makers to make more of them.

>>Do you even want to see it?<<

Negative.

It would be different if censorship ratings actually relflected the content of the films, but I know that ain't gonna happen so long as there's a buck involved.

Hopefully, it will tank and we won't be subjected to this tripe which palms itself off as a 'parody' of other films.

All it really did was take a script meeting to the screen which went along the lines of..."Okay, we are talentless producers. Let's pretend we're doing a parody on all the 'old' horror movies to get the kids in, but in reality we'll just make every gag out-gross the other, because I think that's just sooooooooooooooooooo funny".

Reality check... It wasn't.

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-31-2001 02:20 AM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
<<All it really did was take a script meeting to the screen which went along the lines of..."Okay, we are talentless producers.......>>

just dont get the producers confused with the director.

the producers (shawn & marlon) are also the ones who wrote this and DONT BE A MENACE TO SOUTH CENTRAL WHILE DRINKING YOUR LUICE IN THE HOOD and i enjoyed both althought MENACE was a lot better.

I wouldnt write them off as talentless since i liked their movies and marlon was pretty good in REQUIEM FOR A DREAM.

Now, the director is Keenen Ivory Wayans who did IM GONNA GET YOU SUCKA
you cant go wrong with that

"of course hes dead, cant you hear the music?"

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-02-2001 08:20 AM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will also admitt to liking the first. .But the idea might not make its through a second film.

But it could be interesting....

Chad Souder
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-09-2001 08:30 PM      Profile for Chad Souder   Email Chad Souder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its amusing to me that people would actually believe that Hollywood would be truthful to something as insignificant as what's on a one-sheet. Of course they're going to make a sequal to the highest grossing film ever for a black director. Of course they should make a sequal, and of course every one of you should want to play it, even if you don't want to watch it, because it will make money. Period. Besides, if it gets any funnier than the bedroom scene was in the first one, I might literally split a gut.

------------------
"Asleep at the switch? I wasn't asleep, I was drunk!" - Homer Simpson

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 06-21-2001 06:19 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the SCARY MOVIE one-sheet was trying to put across that THIS movie is not a sequel, since just about every movie it's spoofing is one.

I hated the film but I admit to laughing in a couple of spots. Sequel will be grosser but will still miraculously get an R rating. It's DISNEY, you know.

Rachel Carter
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-03-2001 05:30 PM      Profile for Rachel Carter   Email Rachel Carter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I saw it I didn't think it was as bad as the first one and more geared towards adults in the sense that they spoofed more of the classics than the teenybopper horror movies. Still gross, and in my opinion not funny. What is with the needs for bodily fluids? Am I the only one that does not find this funny???? Particularly in the first scene.... although it was the best part of the whole movie which doesn't say much.

Don Anderson
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-04-2001 02:40 AM      Profile for Don Anderson   Email Don Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just finished screening it. I loved the first movie. But, only one word can describe number 2.

TERRIBLE.

And that's putting it kindly. My staff, all around the 17-24 year range also thought that it sucked. Thank goodness it only runs 92 minutes, as that was all I could stomach. Lets hope there is no more Scary Movie sequels, and that the Wayan Bros lose their asses on this one. The camel pie scene went to far. We will not allow any one under 17 see this shit. I'm assuming we will have a blockbuster July 4th, and then when the word gets out the weekend will fall drastically.

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-04-2001 02:45 AM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sucked.

plain and simple.

but the opening would have been a lot funnier had marlon brando not gotten sick and had to bail.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: