Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Charlie's Angels

Author Topic: Charlie's Angels
Paul Konen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-03-2000 08:18 AM      Profile for Paul Konen   Email Paul Konen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What were they thinking when they made this.

I guess they knew they couldn't make a regular show into a movie without exploiting the effects of another. Namely Matrix. It seemed most action scenes where slow motion, pan arounds, people suspended in mid air making impossible moves and even the slo-mo bullet rifling through the air. (Didn't they do that in MI:2. It was cool the FIRST time)

They couldn't even get a good match to Drew's skin color where you could tell she had a body suit on.

Evaluation: Great First Weekend, 30-40% drop second weekend.

|  IP: Logged

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-03-2000 07:00 PM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I liked it . I mean, you've got to consider what kind of movie this is, not some serious action movie, it a an action/comedy. While there weren't laughs every minute, I thought there was a good balance between action and laughs. Button line, this movie was FUN to watch.

And about slow motion effects, I wouldn't mind if this became an idustry standard for appropriate action scenes. I mean, there's a first time for everything.

Gracia L. Babbidge
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-04-2000 12:57 PM      Profile for Gracia L. Babbidge   Author's Homepage   Email Gracia L. Babbidge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I have not seen this one yet. (Aside from catching a few bits and pieces while the screening was running.)

But it obviously is a crowd pleaser.
We have the print placed to play in our largest auitorium, and we sold out our first evening show last night. For the second evening showing, the auditorium was at least half full.
Now this is pretty darn good business, considering that our competition in the next town over (which is not that far away, their front door is probably less than five miles from our front door), also has the film, and they sold out their first evening show also.

~GLB

------------------
In some cultures, what I do is considered normal.

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-08-2000 12:20 AM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Dustin. Not once during the movie did I look at my watch and think, "OK, how much time is left." The movie held my attention by either having something humorous or having an action sequence during the entire show. Not many movies do that for me. I highly recommend this movie, just for fun.

The showing I attended at Regal Hollywood 18 in Huntsville, AL was on a 40 foot screen with adjustable side masking (only 6 of their screens have it). The image and sound quality were excellent, and the auditorium was at least 75 to 80 percent full, if not fuller. It's good to see that kind of crowd in a theatre again. This was a Saturday night 7:10 showing.

Evans A Criswell

My Huntsvile/Decatur Theatre Info Page: http://home.hiwaay.net/~criswell/theatre/

Andrew McCrea
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-16-2000 07:23 AM      Profile for Andrew McCrea   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew McCrea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Dustin... And I really LOVED this movie. It still has 5 showtimes a day in Winnipeg.... And It's still at the first run theatre SilverCity.

I saw it 2 times and plan seeing it a third!

Rachel Carter
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-17-2000 12:17 AM      Profile for Rachel Carter   Email Rachel Carter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really liked this movie alot! It was probably one of my favorites this year. We don't have it at my theater yet but I'm waiting for it.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: