Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Whipped

Author Topic: Whipped
Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-01-2000 09:04 PM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Attendance:
2000/09/01 19:15
Carmike Century Cinema 8 Auditorium 2
Decatur, AL

This movie is definitely different than any I've seen before. I've been wanting to see another really good comedy movie, which it seems there has been a lack of since Road Trip, Scary Movie, and Chicken Run. This movie had some funny lines and funny scenes, but the entire movie was based on this small group of guys who constantly try to make out with girls and get back together and talk about their experiences. It was good to see it, but it isn't the kind of movie I'll buy when it comes out on DVD. It seems lately that there are fewer and fewer movies that I wish to see more than once in theatres or buy on DVD when they come out. Every now and then, I just want to see a light-hearted comedy to cheer me up, and those have been pretty few and far between this year.

The problem with Whipped is the subject matter. Since I don't find the idea of guys trying to have a bunch of one-night stands with girls very funny, and cannot relate to the material, it just didn't do much for me. The problem with a movie I commented on not long back, Loser, was that I could relate to the material (being treated mean for being careful and conservative), so it did not cheer me up much either.

Whipped does have some humorous outtakes in the credits. I suppose this movie would be much more fun with a crowd, since a crowd tends to react partially on reactions from other members of the crowd. There was a total of 5 people in the auditorium not counting me -- for an labor day weekend opening night (Friday) 7:15 showing in one of the theatre's largest auditoriums! I heard occasional audible laughs from these 5 people, but not too often. No wonder the theatre industry is hurting so badly, with movies that aren't doing any more business than this. I'll bet this theatre lost money on this screening.

|  IP: Logged

Joe Grace
Film Handler

- posted 09-06-2000 06:38 PM      Profile for Joe Grace   Email Joe Grace   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought that movie ROCKED!!!! It is definatly one of the best movies that I have seen this year, (with the exception of Gladiator) I could not stop laughing. But then again I have a different taste for movies then a lot of people do.

Joe

Dwayne Caldwell
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-07-2000 02:03 AM      Profile for Dwayne Caldwell   Email Dwayne Caldwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wanna see the NC-17 version. A lot of offensive dialogue was cut out compliments of the MPAA.

"It's a boner toner!"

That shit cracks me up.

------------------
The man with the magic hands.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 09-07-2000 02:24 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm. I didn't realize the MPAA butchered it. Still, if you aren't too conservative of a person and aren't offended by sex jokes, go see this underrated flick. It's pretty damn funny...especially the Seinfeld-like names they have for everything.

John F. Schultz
Film Handler

- posted 09-16-2000 06:23 AM      Profile for John F. Schultz   Author's Homepage   Email John F. Schultz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Been reading film-tech forums for a few months, but new to posting.

Sad to say but I missed Whipped. Been busy in my little world and before I knew it Whipped was gone. 2 weeks. From what I heard it sounded like it was a good flick.

Guess I will have to wait for it to come out in the $2 house.

------------------
John F. Schultz
General Manager
mrboxers@aol.com
[url]http://www.homestead.com/carmike10[url]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: