Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Nutty Professor II - The Klumps (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Nutty Professor II - The Klumps
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-28-2000 04:35 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW! What a piece of crap this thing is. If ever there has been a sequel gone bad from overacting and a forced script, this is it!

If you want to see the Klump family get into hilarious arguments like the classic "dinner" scenes in the first Nutty Professor, you better head to Blockbuster because it just isn't here. If you want to see incredibly overdone and stupid fart humor, then this movie is for you. I liked the first movie, but this sequel is just plain bad.

I think that sums it up.

|  IP: Logged

Dwayne Caldwell
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-28-2000 04:43 AM      Profile for Dwayne Caldwell   Email Dwayne Caldwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It does indeed. I'm not even gonna waste my time with basically repeating Brad's point of view. I've already wasted enough space on this site just to say this much.

------------------
The man with the magic hands.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 07-28-2000 06:32 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
THAT'S odd! Eddie Murphy in a bad movie?

Martin Frandsen
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-28-2000 07:10 AM      Profile for Martin Frandsen   Email Martin Frandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well he better stick to Beverly hill cops then!

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-29-2000 03:15 AM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the first 30 minutes or so was pretty amusing - all the fat people just sitting around and ripping on each other - other than that - BORING. I never saw the first one either. This one was my Thursday night chore - I never put a movie on screen w/o screening it for quality first. That includes sitting through crap like Thomas & The Magic Railroad after I was shut down for 2 hours that evening b/c of Tornado Warnings. Now THAT's a chore.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-29-2000 03:45 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike,

Where's your review on Thomas and the Magic Railroad??? I'm afraid I had to miss that one.

Dwayne Caldwell
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-30-2000 08:23 PM      Profile for Dwayne Caldwell   Email Dwayne Caldwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh I'm sorry. I forgot to mention the only good thing about this movie. The small cameo by Chris Elliot.

------------------
The man with the magic hands.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-31-2000 02:11 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah yes, Chris Elliot! He should be hidden somewhere in every movie made. It would add excitement in moviegoing just trying to figure out which extra he is as the makeup gets better and better.

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 08-01-2000 02:04 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hollywood could make a game of it... like wheres waldo... we could call it "can you see me? if you do, can i get paid?"

Chris elliot is one of the funniest people on the planet, and has two emmys to prove it (writing for davey lettermon).

How come he gets dumb movies like cabin boy?

dave

Tyler Skinner
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-01-2000 06:10 PM      Profile for Tyler Skinner   Email Tyler Skinner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cabin Boy isn't a dumb movie!

hrmph!!!

------------------
"not even a hummingbird could see tyler at work"

Scott McFly
Film Handler

- posted 08-02-2000 10:29 AM      Profile for Scott McFly   Email Scott McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ive never really liked chris elliot, i saw a few episodes of his tv show which was kinda funny. as for eddie murphy, he does make good movies, i dont think ive seen an eddie murphy movie i didnt like, especially beverly hills cop 1-3. ive never seen nutty prof 1 or 2, just because its not really an eddie murphy movie. all his other movies from golden child to coming to america to bowfinger ive liked though.

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 08-05-2000 01:51 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can someone PUHLEEEZE tell me why Nutty Professor #1 won the oscar for best makeup effects? For a fat suit? ITS BEEN DONE!!! They just didnt want to give an oscar to star trek plain and simple.

dave

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 08-05-2000 04:36 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Never saw an Eddie Murphy film you didn't like?

I take it you've not endured 'Best Defence' then...?

------------------
The Olympics are coming...RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

Scott McFly
Film Handler

- posted 08-05-2000 08:22 AM      Profile for Scott McFly   Email Scott McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
your right i have never seen that one, im guessing its older than i am, onea those first films an actor is in before he or she makes good films. am i right?

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 08-06-2000 05:16 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, yes...Best Defense. Directed by the amazing Willard Huyck...writer of such cinema greats as More American Graffiti, Howard The Duck and to a lesser extent in bad scripts, Indiana Jones and the Temple Of Doom.

Best Defense starred Dudley Moore, Eddie and Mrs Spielberg: Kate Capshaw. It came out in 1984 on the coattails of 48 Hours and Trading Places and crawled back into its hole (hopefully) to be forgotten by all those involved in this abomination. One IMDB review goes like this...

'No amount of alcohol can render this film bearable. I saw Eddie Murphy on Letterman a few years after this dog was released, talking about why he has to be careful with which scripts he accepts. He said, "A few years back I made a film called Best Defense. And it was bad. [looks into camera] REAL bad!"'

I couldn't agree more.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: