Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » The Hand Behind the Mouse

Author Topic: The Hand Behind the Mouse
Dave Cutler
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-24-2000 08:48 PM      Profile for Dave Cutler   Email Dave Cutler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is this movie all about? Well it's a documentary about Ub Iwerks. Who's that? He's the man who created Mickey Mouse. Yes, that's right, Walt Disney didn't create Mickey Mouse but he did make him famous.

The film is directed by Leslie Iwerks who is the grandaughter of Ub Iwerks. It follows Ub and Walt's early days starting out in animation here in Kansas City with their company, Laugh-O-Grams. Talks about how Ub came up with the idea for Mickey and why. Covers Ub's life with Wat Disney Studios as well as after he left. Then when he re-joined Disney as an Engineer inventing such things as the the multi-planar camera amoung parts of just about every original attraction at Walt Disney World.

The film is VERY well done. If you ever have a chance to see this I would highly recomend you do. It is currently traveling the Festival Circuit I believe. We may be showing it for a few weeks here on the iWerks Extreme Screen at Union Station in Kansas City where I am one of three projectionists. I felt privilaged to show such a wonderful film.

On a side note it was interesting to run a film by Leslie Iwerks, about Ub Iwerks in a theatre desingned by Don Iwerks' company iWerks Entertainment. Don Iwerks is the son of Ub, father to Leslie.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: