Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Gone in 60 Seconds

Author Topic: Gone in 60 Seconds
Tyler Skinner
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-09-2000 01:29 PM      Profile for Tyler Skinner   Email Tyler Skinner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
119 x 60 seconds too long. If ever there were a formula flic that deserves to be exposed and killed this is it. Lets get the guy that did Armagedon and tell him we need the exact same look, sounds, and characters but with a lot of fancy cars being stolen.

"BIG DEAL"

And why was it called "Gone in 60 seconds" ?

Apearantly if the title makes a good trailer, who cares what relevancy to the movie it has...

tyler

------------------
"not even a hummingbird could see tyler at work"

|  IP: Logged

Dwayne Caldwell
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-10-2000 12:36 AM      Profile for Dwayne Caldwell   Email Dwayne Caldwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was enjoyable, but not great. Christopher Eccleston made a good bad guy, but I really would have liked to see more scenes with that mortician mute, the Sphinx. I thought he'd be a cool character and they had to go and turn him into a Silent Bob at the end of the show with his "profound" two cents. That was just stupid.

------------------
The man with the magic hands.

Russ Kress
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-10-2000 01:51 AM      Profile for Russ Kress   Author's Homepage   Email Russ Kress   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Con Air" was the last Cage film that I enjoyed.

I could have seen most of this movie on TV while watching "The World's Scariest Police Chases".

That Shelby Mustang would have made Lockheed engineers proud though! A note to the kids at home: ANY VEHICLE THAT HITS THE GROUND FROM THAT HEIGHT WITHOUT USING WINGS (either rotary or fixed) WILL BE DESTROYED!!!

Angelina Jolie has had some good films lately. I wonder if she is dating John Travolta?

As far as the stars go, this film is a prime contender for the "What The Hell Were They Thinking Awards".

Russ

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-10-2000 11:59 AM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I loved it! Lots of action. I like to see the car chases/crashes. We did well with it last night at the Skyline Drive In.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 06-12-2000 05:29 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
>>And why was it called "Gone in 60 seconds" ? <<

Which reminds me... this was the first trailer I ever put on (the original, back in 1974). It was also the first time I'd ever seen a brand-new print of a trailer, one that did not have the first few seconds missing from repeated splicings (trailers didn't have the silent green strips in those days, they just started).

I remember breaking the tape label around the film which said "Gone in 60 Seconds". I thought it was the running time!! My mentor calmly interjected, "I think that's the title."

Aah, the good ol' days!

------------------
Better Projection Pays!

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-12-2000 06:03 PM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Explaination of title: the movie is about stealing cars. Supposedly a good car theif can steal a car in less that 60 seconds. Is the title really that hard to figure out?

I feel sorry for people who over analyze things so much that they can't enjoy a good movie.

Tyler Skinner
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-12-2000 09:28 PM      Profile for Tyler Skinner   Email Tyler Skinner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I feel sorry for people who allow their brains to be spit on by hollywood sludge like this.

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-12-2000 11:52 PM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh come one Tyler, I enjoy a good film as much as the next guy. American Beauty, Magnolia, The Thin Red Line to a certain extent. But I also enjoy a good movie. Just to sit back with a sold out crowd and enjoy the ride. Why the hell did you even see it? The trailer should have told you what kind of movie it was going to be. If not the trailer then the fact that its a Bruckheimer flick should have told you that. I respect your right to loath this type of movie, just respect mine to enjoy watching it.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: