Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Small Town Crooks

Author Topic: Small Town Crooks
Rob Brooks
Film Handler

- posted 06-03-2000 01:49 PM      Profile for Rob Brooks   Email Rob Brooks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good movie to watch from the booth. You can catch different parts of it as you have time and still follow the simple story. A lot of fast one-liner laughs. It seemed like an update of Woody's movie "Take The Money and Run" Also was a big tribute to the honeymooners. The fighting with all the hilirous insults, and at the end in case any one didn't get the tribute, Woody says "Baby Your the Greatest". Woody's sister-in-law Mae, was a scream just acting totally dumb. It's enjoyable but you'll probally forget it fast.

|  IP: Logged

Kyle Smith
Film Handler

- posted 06-08-2000 08:18 AM      Profile for Kyle Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"May" was played by screenwriter Elaine May. I can't remember off-hand what movies she's written. The movie made me want to go make some toll-house chocolate chip cookies . Tracy Ullman is a great talent IMO.

Per Hauberg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-25-2001 08:13 PM      Profile for Per Hauberg   Author's Homepage   Email Per Hauberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Woody still is something special - and when he leaves his Bergman trauma behind him as here, and just make fun - he's quite entertaining.
Maybe Woody's fans are not very interested, but others might find it a bit to smart to put up the signs with "Dolby Digital" and "dts", when every sound comes out the center hole. Great soundtrack-choises as always by Woody, though !

2½ out of 4 stars

/ p.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: