Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Cinerama Adventure

Author Topic: Cinerama Adventure
Randy Rock
Film Handler

- posted 06-03-2000 08:58 AM      Profile for Randy Rock   Email Randy Rock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Screened as part of the 26th annual Seattle International Film Festival, "Cinerama Adventure" is director Dave Strohmaier's tribute to and about the Cinerama process.

From the Festival program: "This work-in-progress documentary is an overview of the origins of the Cinerama Process, the films it was used in and the filmmakers who used it. It features spectacular footage taken both in front of and behind the scenes on many of the films, as well as in-depth inteview with many of the key directors, actors, producers and technicians who worked the medium."

As noted in the program, the version screened (as part of "Cinerama Day" at the Seattle International Film Festival) is a "work-in-progress", but at its evidently advanced stage of production promises to be an important and long-needed historical reference of the Cinerama process. Not only did I find "Cinerama Adventure" informative, but it is also highly entertaining.

This (video) documentary is a "must" for anyone interested in cinema history and presentation. Hopefully "Cinerama Adventure" will be distributed soon. See www.cineramaadventure.com for more information.

Elsewhere on this site I've also posted a review of the presentation of *real* Cinerama as part of the Seattle International Film Festival.

(I'm in no way associated with "Cinerama Adventure" or Dave Strohmaier. I just think it's one of the coolest film documentaries I've seen in a long time, and deserves exposure.)

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: