Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Black And White

Author Topic: Black And White
Paul Konen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-05-2000 03:39 PM      Profile for Paul Konen   Email Paul Konen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my, what a terrible movie. White people wanting to be like Blacks in regards to language, mannerisms, etc. Lots of known people. Ben Stiller, Robert Downey Jr, Brooke Sheilds, Mike Tyson and others that I can't remember.

2 weeks max. Starting in smallest house

|  IP: Logged

Andrew D'Vrey
Film Handler

- posted 04-05-2000 09:12 PM      Profile for Andrew D'Vrey   Email Andrew D'Vrey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hated it...how this film got to semi-wide release is beyond me.

Our turnout was fair for the first day. Maybe 100 for the first, second and third, then 200+ for the second two.

My buddy at Regal down the street got 1 for his first show, 1 for his second show and about 10 for their second two.

So when I previewed this movie with some friends, we immediately switched into Mystery Science Theater 3000 mode.

------------------
"And the monkey flips the switch."
- Major Don West, "Lost In Space"

Andrew D'Vrey
IATSE Local 219

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-05-2000 10:19 PM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We had one elderly man go to our first show and walk out halfway through telling us it was shit. No one showed up for the second show.

I actually ran trailers for this on High Fidelity and the Skulls. I think they did more harm than good.

Dwayne Caldwell
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-25-2000 08:49 PM      Profile for Dwayne Caldwell   Email Dwayne Caldwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It'll probably play on the BET channel in a couple of weeks.

------------------
The man with the magic hands.

Tyler Skinner
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-25-2000 11:28 PM      Profile for Tyler Skinner   Email Tyler Skinner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah! you people go back to your U-571's and leave the good movies to people like me...

oh wait a second, this movie WAS terrible, nevermind...

I heard about this one a while back, the concept sorta intrigued me, it was supposed to be improvised with a vague premise (blair whitch anyone?) but the whole documentary feel it was going for was destroyed by the horrible acting, and the whole contrived feeling it had. Brooke Shields needs to be slapped around ala- South Park.

oh well, verite should stay verite, and not be milkshaked with anything else.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: