Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Mifune

Author Topic: Mifune
Andrew D'Vrey
Film Handler

- posted 03-31-2000 11:47 PM      Profile for Andrew D'Vrey   Email Andrew D'Vrey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not being the type that generally sees subtitled Danish films, I was pleasantly suprised at this worldly comedy. Take a business man, his wife, a mentally disable brother, a hooker posing as a cleaning lady, and her foul mouthed little brother and throw them on a farm in the middle of nowhere. It is here they learn to cope with eachothers qwirks and find happiness and even love in eachother.

Laughter, love, sex, comedy, pain and happiness...all things easily portrayed, even in the company of subtitles.

Shot in accordance with "Dogma 95" a group of Danish film purists who shun fake lighting or special effects and insist on shoulder held cameras. Sorry "Blair Witch Project"...I don't think you're what they had in mind.

------------------
"And the monkey flips the switch."
- Major Don West, "Lost In Space"

Andrew D'Vrey
IATSE Local 219

|  IP: Logged

Per Hauberg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-12-2000 04:49 PM      Profile for Per Hauberg   Author's Homepage   Email Per Hauberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dogma shoulder held camera
PLUS one Shakeameccanica

My heart, what more do you wish...???

:rolleyes

Per Hauberg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-12-2000 04:54 PM      Profile for Per Hauberg   Author's Homepage   Email Per Hauberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
gotta learn it...

-BTW: Mifune is one hell of a sweet little thing - far the best of the dogma series.

Martin Frandsen
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-29-2000 07:18 AM      Profile for Martin Frandsen   Email Martin Frandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't forget another dogma film ''THE FEAST'' even do the story line is very tragic, the actors are super, and camera work also great even do it was taken with a vhs camcorder.

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-29-2000 01:21 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok boys.

I am showing another Dogama 95 film called The Idiots. What film ratio am I supposed to show this film in? Dogma says that it should be shot in Academy Flat. Itr is printed open frame and it looks fine in 1.37:1. We show it in 1.85:1 which is our Academy Flat. What do you think?

I'm betting your going to say 1.66:1

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: