Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » The Sixth Sense

Author Topic: The Sixth Sense
Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 03-31-2000 10:35 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After watching this film (edited for content) I realized that its a great film.

(edited for content)

(edited for content)

In case you were wondering, I was a baaaaaad boy and gave away the ending. After watching the film in its entirety, I can say that I did love the film. I recommend its viewing as the director did a great job in giving the audience quite a thrill.

Here here, fantastic job.
------------------
"If it's not worth doing, I have allready been there and done it"

|  IP: Logged

Michael Barry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-01-2000 10:55 AM      Profile for Michael Barry   Email Michael Barry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nicely put, Dave. I can hardly believe people didn't see this coming. One of the clearest signs was skipping the logical 'next' scene, which would have been at a hospital, as you say. But, no mention of his recovery. In Hollywood formula terms, something's being avoided, and what would that be? That he is...

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-02-2000 04:31 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Not to nitpick here, but for the sake of people who are reading these reviews to determine whether to screen the movie or not, let's refrain from giving away any specific plot points like was mentioned above. It will take a little bit more careful in the wording, but it could've been said in a manner that did not specifically give away the entire movie. I'm sure the readers will all appreciate it. Thanks

Tom Ferreira
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-02-2000 09:38 AM      Profile for Tom Ferreira   Email Tom Ferreira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad is right-I watched Sixth Sense Tuesday night(even though I played it for ten weeks)on tape. I didn't have time to watch it when we got in the print(it WAS summer), and a few days into the run, one of my big mouth employees ruined the ending for me. I'm still pissed about that, and it spoiled a great film. Now I wish I had seen it on the big screen.

Chad Souder
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-06-2000 11:15 PM      Profile for Chad Souder   Email Chad Souder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are right to nitpick, Brad. I got the impression that this is to give opinions on movies, of which my opinion of the 6th Sense in very high, not to ruin films for others. I thought the movie was pretty well done all around. The icing on the cake was, can you think of a better portrayal of a former New Kid?

------------------
"Asleep at the switch? I wasn't asleep, I was drunk!" - Homer Simpson

Scott Magie
Film Handler

- posted 04-11-2000 09:28 PM      Profile for Scott Magie   Email Scott Magie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know it's fun to think you're smart when you predict a twist in a movie, but these people who are just seeing the movie now have had 6 months (+!) of hearing stuff like, "Great twist at the end!"... "Good movie... GREAT ending!"... "I totally didn't guess the ending!" For those of us who went to this movie this summer before any big hype had started, we were expecting just another spooky movie with Bruce Willis (yet again) helping some weird kid. We weren't looking for a twist, so we didn't see it. 200 gajillion dollars later, Mr. Smarty-pants is proud of himself for being able to guess the ending. You make a film that both critics AND audiences like... then I'll listen to you.

------------------
Scott A. Magie

scoooot@bigsky.net
"Anybody wanna peanut?"

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 04-12-2000 07:42 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Suggestion: for those who want to include specific "revealing" plot details in their reviews, why not adopt the convention of the rec.arts.movies.current-films newsgroup and include the word "spoilers" in the subject header. That way, people who haven't seen the film and don't want to have the surprise "spoiled" for them can skip those posts...

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 04-18-2000 01:59 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First, my apologies. I thought everyone on the planet had seen it allready, and no I never knew about any plot twists that were supposed to happen at the end, just that it was such a great show. And believe it or not, now that I have seen it, I enjoyed it much more than I would have, knowing how it ends. It was great to see how the director worked his craft and wove a twisted tale. Fantastic work.

As for the smarty pants remark, no I wasnt trying to show off, I was just tired of hearing how great the show was and I never had time to watch the thing. In the future I swear I will not give away twisty plot endings.

As for when I make a film that both critics and audiences like, that is not far off. Look for a film called "from the winter snow" at Sundance 2001. It is my first feature as writer/director. We shoot principle in July and some follow up shots as soon as it snows.

But once again, sorry for that earlier post, and yes it is edited for content....

Dave

------------------
"If it's not worth doing, I have allready been there and done it"

Marie Leger
Film Handler

- posted 04-23-2000 02:07 AM      Profile for Marie Leger   Author's Homepage   Email Marie Leger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey we /just/ got rid of this movie last week and up until we lost it we were still filling theatres (well, 1/2 full anyway).

The ending was ruined for me when it first came out back in July, but I watched it and loved it anyway.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: