Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » High Fidelity (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: High Fidelity
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-31-2000 04:28 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
YAWN!

|  IP: Logged

Joshua Lott
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-31-2000 05:51 AM      Profile for Joshua Lott   Author's Homepage   Email Joshua Lott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ditto.

WAY to drawn out.

Nuff said.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 04-02-2000 04:10 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll bet the sound was good though, right?

Michael Barry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-03-2000 11:14 AM      Profile for Michael Barry   Email Michael Barry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
!!!!

I can count on you, John!!!

Andrew D'Vrey
Film Handler

- posted 04-09-2000 12:36 AM      Profile for Andrew D'Vrey   Email Andrew D'Vrey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Y'know, I don't think there was one song played in the soundtrack that I even cared about. Good thing there are pleanty of big bright scenes I could read the newspaper to.

------------------
"And the monkey flips the switch."
- Major Don West, "Lost In Space"

Andrew D'Vrey
IATSE Local 219

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 08-13-2000 08:49 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This one's finally arrived too this weekend. It did big business at the sneaks at my theatre.

From what I saw of it...it doesn't look too bad, although I do think that for such a story 7 reels is a tad too long.

I like John Cusack and think he can even make a stinker half good.

(and no, the sound wasn't that impressive, Michael)

Steven Clode
Film Handler

- posted 08-16-2000 12:42 PM      Profile for Steven Clode   Email Steven Clode   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try reading the book it!!!!!!!Sorry i had to run and sort out some problems....... anyway to cut a short message shorter the book makes the film look so much better, if you read one book this century read this one.......

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 08-18-2000 02:29 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I read where folks were pretty upset when Disney bought the rights to produce this. I think the results (including transferring the action to Chicago) worked just fine. Although, obviously that guy in the record store studied for the role by watching Michael Keaton in 'NightShift' a couple of hundred times. I liked the music too.

Sean M. Grimes
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-19-2000 06:29 PM      Profile for Sean M. Grimes   Author's Homepage   Email Sean M. Grimes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad -

Not to be disrespectful - everyone has their own tastes in movies - but, yawn? I bet that you slept through Magnolia. I dont know even though the book was much better and the adaptations were a little bit "trite" It is still one of me favorite movies of late.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 08-20-2000 01:48 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
It droned on and on. I was continually predicting the next scene. It had all been done before. Hence "yawn".

Sean M. Grimes
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-20-2000 03:53 AM      Profile for Sean M. Grimes   Author's Homepage   Email Sean M. Grimes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well you are Right there Brad - I guess that it hit home because it hit soo many aspects of my own life- you gotta love movies like that.

Martin Frandsen
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-23-2000 12:31 PM      Profile for Martin Frandsen   Email Martin Frandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes this film sucks, but in Denmark people are crazy about getting to see the flick because it has the Danish actor Iben Hjejle as star. We are a very small nation, so when someone- does-big-time in Hollywood, people go crazy overhere.

Dwayne Caldwell
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-17-2000 12:57 AM      Profile for Dwayne Caldwell   Email Dwayne Caldwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I tried reading the book. As a rule a novel is better than its film adaptation as we all know. Keeping that in mind, I decided to forego the movie as the book was boring as all hell. Started out interesting, then it became whiny IMHO. And I was only on page fifteen when I decided to give it up.

------------------
The man with the magic hands.

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 11-03-2000 10:48 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad? Yawn?

I loved the film. Mainly because John Cusacks character was so right on to my own life. I can see where if you didn't live this way, it doesn't make sense, It would be boring. But as I say, It was me in that film. Spooky. I am still a lot like that person. I still love it.

Dave

Tom Ferreira
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-04-2000 06:48 AM      Profile for Tom Ferreira   Email Tom Ferreira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My 2 cents.
I have it on DVD, and enjoyed it greatly. There is a wonderful deleted scene with Beverly D'Angelo trying to sell her husband's record collection to John Cusack.
I guess it hits home because I always made compilation music tapes for girls I was trying to impress. Like Cusack's character in the film, I could never decide on just five songs at a time.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: