Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Feature Info, Trailer Attachments & REAL Credit Offsets   » Apartment, The (1960)

Author Topic: Apartment, The (1960)
Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 12-05-2015 08:04 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
7 reels
scope
mono

unnumbered print from Park Circus is in good physical condition (and appears to be a 2008 print from Foto-Kem, or possibly a mix of two prints), but contrast is all over the map from reel to reel; some reels are excellent and some look a bit flat

[ 12-22-2015, 05:46 AM: Message edited by: Scott Norwood ]

|  IP: Logged

Sean Goodrich
Film Handler

- posted 12-21-2015 08:43 PM      Profile for Sean Goodrich   Email Sean Goodrich   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Apartment was a scope movie originally.
Could you have gotten a pan and scan version?
I've seen that before, with another Billy Wilder movie, The Fortune Cookie.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 12-22-2015 05:46 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, it was scope. I was not thinking when I was typing that. I fixed the earlier post. Thanks.

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 12-05-2017 04:55 AM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 713 days since the last post.

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 12-05-2017 04:55 AM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...and now, the DCP:

2.39* / 5.1 / 2K
TRT is 2:05:23
No end credits

Final images: MGM logo (ftb at 2:05:13) followed by MPAA rating card (to 2:05:23)

Modified from original version to include Park Circus logo at head
*Opening credits appear window-boxed. Not sure if this is faithful to the original.

Jonathan Goeldner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-06-2017 11:44 AM      Profile for Jonathan Goeldner   Email Jonathan Goeldner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
shame since the upcoming Arrow bluray special edition:

"Brand new 4K restoration of the film from the original camera negative produced by Arrow Films exclusively for this release"

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: